Emile Henry® Azure Lasagna Dishes
IDEAL FOR MANY RECIPES
We call this a lasagna dish because it does indeed cook up perfect lasagna, but it’s also useful for many different dishes. Casseroles, cinnamon buns and macaroni and cheese are just a few ideas of how this handcrafted dish can be used. It’s just the right size for cooking vegetables or baking fudge brownies.
Made from local clay in Burgundy, France, using a pottery tradition that has been alive since 1850, the clay is an excellent material for retaining heat, so lasagna keeps its warmth as you gather your guests to the table.
BEAUTIFUL LOOKS AND PERFORMANCE
The dishes have cream-colored interiors and painted exteriors that are covered with a translucent glaze, creating a rustic-looking finish. Fired at 2100°F, clay becomes chip resistant with a glaze that won’t scratch or craze, even when you’re cutting inside the dish. This baker goes into the freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and under the broiler, and is very easy to clean. Dishwasher safe. 10-year warranty. Made in France.
Burgundy clay evenly and slowly diffuses cooking heat to the very center of the cooking dish. Food is cooked evenly, which brings out the flavors and aromas. Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome when resting on the dining table or on a kitchen sideboard.
FREEZER TO OVEN
Everything from Emile Henry can go directly from freezer-to-oven. They exhibit extraordinary thermal shock properties. Plus, they’re safe under the broiler and in the microwave.
EXTRAORDINARILY DURABLE POTTERY
Emile Henry clay cooking vessels resist chip and cracks. You can even cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the finish.
EASY TO CLEAN
The surfaces do not trap and hold baked on or burnt food. Cleaning is remarkably easy. All Emile Henry products can go in the dishwasher.
There is no lead or cadmium in their products; all of the glazes are 100% food safe. Offered in a large variety of colors, the glazes will not craze, discolor or fade over time.
All Emile Henry products carry a limited household warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship.
- Designed to bake the perfect lasagna, up to six layers deep
- Useful for many dishes including casseroles, cinnamon buns and macaroni and cheese, vegetables and brownies
- Made from local clay in Burgundy, France
- Cream-colored interiors and painted exteriors are covered with a translucent glaze that creates a rustic-look
- Features Ceradon, an exclusive finishing process that improves the qualities of traditional pottery
- Dish is easy to manipulate, thanks to comfortable side handles
- Provides gently even heat distribution
- Safe for microwave, broiler and dishwasher
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome
- Can go directly from freezer to oven
- Resists chips and cracks; you can cut directly on the surface without damaging the finish
- All of the glazes are 100% food safe and resist fading over time
- Manufacturer: Emile Henry
- Care: Easy to clean in dishwasher or hand wash; cannot be used on a direct flame or electric ring
- Material: Ceramic
- Capacity: 2½ qt., 3.8 qt., 5.4 qt.
- Dimensions: 2½ qt.: 12" x 8½"; 3.8 qt.: 13" x 10"; 5.4 qt.:14½" x 11"
- Warranty: 10-year warranty.
- Made in France
Burgundy is noted for world-famous wines that are grown in the mineral-rich limestone soils of the region. Imparting fantastic terrior in the wines, it is these soils and clays that go into the special clay cookware-crafting formulas that are the basis of all Emile Henry ceramic cookware and other products.
Worldwide, professional chefs and home cooks appreciate Emile Henry for the many products and shapes that are properly designed for cooking and baking. The products have the right dimensions, the correct depth and the special features that make Emile Henry so desirable for everyone that enjoys cooking and eating great foods. Discerning gourmands recognize the quality in every loaf pan, casserole dish, stew pot, handcrafted pie dish, trivet, tagine, and brazier they create.