Class Description: If you're ready to take holiday baking to the next level, this is the class for you! Our instructor will walk you through the steps for making a traditional bûche de noël (yule log). We'll start by creating a decadent chocolate sponge cake and two traditional buttercream frostings. You'll enjoy working alongside classmates as you practice filling, rolling and frosting the festive holiday cake. Plus, we'll show you how to make chocolate and meringue decorations for the perfect finishing touch. After mastering a few essentials, you'll look forward to impressing your family and friends with a show-stopping holiday dessert.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class