Emile Henry® Flame-Top Tagine
DELICIOUS COOKING ADVENTURES AWAIT
Take your family on a world culinary tour, stopping to sample the exotic flavors, delicious vegetables and fall-off-the-bone meats cooked in this four-serving ceramic tagine. Over 150 years of Emile Henry craftsmanship go into the manufacturing of this colorful Middle Eastern marvel, fired for durability. The unique lid facilitates self-basting for a flavor you won’t soon forget.
A tagine is a special dish designed for foods such as chicken that benefit from both a clay dish that insulates and slowly cooks and is made tender by steam. The lid, shaped like a pointed hat, allows the steam to circulate above and around the contents while cooking, thus infusing the dish with flavor and tenderness.
FLAME TOP FROM EMILE HENRY
Created by the masters of Burgundy clay comes this new ceramic technology for cooking on the stove or in the oven. It keeps food hot longer, is easy to clean and is dishwasher-safe. Provides gently even heat distribution; coaxes out the natural flavors of the food and maintains natural textures and colors, results in better tasting dishes. Plus, it’s lightweight and easy to handle —up to 30% lighter than cast iron.
EXCEPTIONAL HEAT CONDUCTIVITY
The footed bases allow for even heat diffusion. And this ceramic is strong enough to be heated to extremely high temperatures for searing. Manufactured in France from Burgundy Clay and other natural products, Emile Henry Flame Top products work on all types of stove tops: gas, electricity, halogen, and all types of barbeque Grills. And works beautifully on all types of ovens: traditional, convection, and microwave.
INDUCTION ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE
With the use of Emile Henry’s special induction disk (purchased separately), the Emile Henry Flame products can be used for induction stovetops (excluding the Pizza Stone & Grilling/Baking Stone).
Burgundy clay evenly and slowly diffuses cooking heat to the very center of the cooking dish. Food is cooked evenly, which brings out the flavors and aromas. Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome when resting on the dining table or on a kitchen sideboard.
FREEZER TO OVEN
Everything from Emile Henry can go directly from freezer-to-oven. They exhibit extraordinary thermal shock properties. Plus, they’re safe under the broiler and in the microwave.
EXTRAORDINARILY DURABLE POTTERY
Emile Henry clay cooking vessels resist chip and cracks. You can even cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the finish.
EASY TO CLEAN
The surfaces do not trap and hold baked on or burnt food. Cleaning is remarkably easy. All Emile Henry products can go in the dishwasher.
There is no lead or cadmium in their products; all of the glazes are 100% food safe. Offered in a large variety of colors, the glazes will not craze, discolor or fade over time.
All Emile Henry products carry a limited household warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship.
- The best tagine we’ve tested, crafted of clay, which is ideal for Moroccan cooking and other dishes
- Designed for foods like chicken that benefit from both a clay dish that insulates and slowly cooks and is made tender by steam
- Browns and slow cooks food beautifully
- Provides gently even heat distribution
- Coaxes out the natural flavors of the food and maintains natural textures and colors
- Can be used with electric, gas and halogen stovetops and ovens (up to 500°F)
- Safe for microwave, broiler and dishwasher
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Special induction disk can be purchased separately
- Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome
- Can go directly from freezer to oven
- Resists chips and cracks; you can cut directly on the surface without damaging the finish
- All of the glazes are 100% food safe and resist fading over time
- Manufacturer: Emile Henry
- Care: Easy to clean, by hand or in the dishwasher
- Dimensions: 12½" tall, 8½". diam.
- Material: Ceramic
- Warranty: "10year warranty."
- Model: #61.55.32
- Made in France
Burgundy is noted for world-famous wines that are grown in the mineral-rich limestone soils of the region. Imparting fantastic terrior in the wines, it is these soils and clays that go into the special clay cookware-crafting formulas that are the basis of all Emile Henry ceramic cookware and other products. Worldwide, professional chefs and home cooks appreciate Emile Henry for the many products and shapes that are properly designed for cooking and baking. The products have the right dimensions, the correct depth and the special features that make Emile Henry so desirable for everyone that enjoys cooking and eating great foods. Discerning gourmands recognize the quality in every loaf pan, casserole dish, stew pot, handcrafted pie dish, trivet, tagine, and brazier they create.