Cuisinart® 14-Cup Food Processor
- Manufacturer: Cuisinart
- Model: DFP-14BCN
- Care: All parts except for the motor base are dishwasher safe.
- Capacity: 14 cups
- Material: Stainless steel, plastic housing
- Warranty: 5-year full motor warranty, 3-year limited warranty on entire unit
- Model: #DFP-14BCHN
- Made in China
- Motor base with a vertically projecting shaft and two large control levers.
- The metal blade chops raw and cooked fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and cheese to the exact consistency you want from coarse to fine, even to a purée.
- The slicing disc makes beautiful whole slices with no torn edges. It slices whole fruits and vegetables, cooked meat, semi-frozen raw meat and loaves of bread.
- The shredding disc processes most firm and hard cheese into long, attractive shreds. It also shreds vegetables like potatoes, carrots and zucchini, an
- The slicing disc makes beautiful wholed it processes nuts and chocolate to a grated texture.
- The detachable stem fits both discs, making storage easy in limited space.
Sprinkle this flavorful burst of garlic and cheese to your pizza crust, focaccia, breadsticks and more to create a delicious meal that’s anything but...See product page for full details »
This compact but powerful 4-cup unit from Cuisinart chops or grinds at the touch of a button thanks to an exclusive auto-reversing stainless steel blade. ...See product page for full details »
New Made from only the highest-quality ingredients, this authentic, slow-simmered recipe highlights the naturally sweet qualities of fresh tomatoes and adds...See product page for full details »
Perfect for making supple dough, tender-crisp breadsticks, easy-rolling pizza dough, and wonderful focaccia and flatbreads, this low-protein (soft) red...See product page for full details »
1 year ago
I considered getting a smaller capacity model and am very happy I got the largest one. I no longer have to mix in batches. It works for everything except really small volume mixing. I will happily use my hand mixer for making pesto and salad dressings.
I love this mixer and highly recommend it.
1 month ago
Questions & Answers
I believe it is the same one as the one reviewed in the January 2016 Cook's Illustrated issue.
I have the classic version with accessories. I see that people say this is BPA free- thinking the old accessories may not be? they look the same on the picture but wonder if i should just get rid of it all. Any reason to keep old accessories? blades? the motor is going.. very rough sounding and sometimes sticks.. time to replace. thanks for any info. the old one i have is pro 11.
I used mine to shred Cabbage in large quantities for sauerkraut. When it is full, it lifts the blade a little and sounds different. When this happens I dump it out. and start over. It didn't spill a significant amount into the inner channel (for the bade power, nor out side. This motor didn't over heat like my earlier model Cuisinart. I feel that the have improved the interlock system that I considered a weak point of the earlier model.
First, the "bowl" has to be put on and rotated to the lock position so that the handle lines up with center of the processor.
Second, the cover of the bowl has to be rotated on to the bowl so that it also locks - there is a safety system on back side of bowl that the cover has to latch onto.
Lastly, the insert for the delivery chute on top of the cover has to be ALL the way down - it also locks into the safety system on the back of the bowl.
All these things have to be correct for the processor to work.