Lodge Logic™ Dutch Oven
The 7-qt. oven is only available online.
- Heavy, tight-fitting lid seals in heat and moisture for succulent, tender results
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use, Lodge cast iron is easy to care for and will last a lifetime
- Cast iron boasts superior heat retention and withstands high temperatures—great for stovetop searing or oven roasting
- High sides are great for deep frying
- For over 100 years, Lodge’s US foundries have produced high-quality cast iron cookware that can be found everywhere from campsites to high-end restaurants
- Manufacturer: Lodge
- Material: Cast iron
- Dimensions: 7 quart = 12" (interior diam.); 14.5" diameter with handles x 5" height (6" high with lid); 5 quart = 10¼" (interior diam.) x 4¾" (height without lid)
- Capacity: 5 qt. or 7 qt.
- Weight: 15.16 lb. (7 qt.); 11.64 lb. (5 qt.)
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash only. To prevent corrosion, dry immediately after washing and rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every use. Cared for properly, cast iron cookware will become increasingly nonstick over time
- Oven safe to 500°F
What's In the box? Show
The Only reason I would give it 4 stars and not five is because I love my Lodge Cast Iron Combo Cooker just a little bit more. The combo cooker uses a frying pan for the lid (Lodge only produces these in the 3 qt size) and I wish they made it in a 5 or 6 qt version as well.
Overall, this is a great piece of equipment that will last you more than one hundred years. It's perfect for baking breads and braising meats and cast iron is such a better alternative to other toxic nonstick coatings
Questions & Answers
"What heat sources can Lodge products utilize?
Lodge products may be used on various heat sources including gas, electric, induction and ceramic/glass top stoves and ovens. Seasoned Cast Iron can also be used on the grill or for camp cooking. Microwaves should not be used.
Do not to drop cookware on the stovetop or slide across the surface. Begin heating cookware on low and slowly bring heat up to medium or medium/high. Always remove cookware from the stovetop after cooking. We recommend that you refer to your stove/range manufacturer’s owner manual for more information regarding ceramic/glass top stovetop requirements."
and does it come w/care instructions?