Emile Henry® Azure Pie Dish, 9"
Crafted from Emile Henry’s signature Burgundy clay, the dish provides even and gentle heat distribution, allowing browning of crusts while keeping pies moist in the middle. Safely goes from freezer, directly into oven, to tabletop.
Clay is fired at extremely high temperatures to help withstand years of use. Exclusive Ceradon process produces a superior glaze that resists chips, scratches and crazing. Dishwasher safe. Made in France.
BEAUTIFULLY FRENCH YET WONDERFULLY AMERICAN
Patented in the US by Jacques Henry of Emile Henry, this dish design gives the traditional American dessert a uniquely rural, French perspective. The delightfully scalloped edges are reminiscent of the edge created when pie dough is fluted or crimped—a worthy aspect in addition to its functional capacity for both sweet and savory pies. It is an idea that was inspired by a turn of the century shape that Jacques Henry observed in an old photograph that graced a fireplace mantle in the family home.
Burgundy clay evenly and slowly diffuses cooking heat to the very center of the cooking dish. Food is cooked evenly, which brings out the flavors and aromas. Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome when resting on the dining table or on a kitchen sideboard.
FREEZER TO OVEN
All products from Emile Henry can go directly from freezer to oven. They exhibit extraordinary thermal shock properties. Plus, they’re safe under the broiler and in the microwave.
EXTRAORDINARILY DURABLE POTTERY
Emile Henry products do not chip or crack easily. You can even cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the finish.
EASY TO CLEAN
The surfaces do not trap and hold baked on or burnt food. Cleaning is remarkably easy. All Emile Henry products can go in the dishwasher.
There is no lead or cadmium in Emile Henry products, and the glazes are 100% food safe. Offered in a large variety of colors, the glazes will not craze, discolor or fade over time.
All Emile Henry products carry a limited household warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship.
- Gentle, even heat distribution allows for browning of crusts with a moist center
- Makes a beautiful presentation on your table while keeping your pie warm
- Design gives the traditional American dessert a uniquely rural, French perspective
- Scalloped edges are reminiscent of the edge created when pie dough is fluted or crimped
- Cream-colored interiors and painted exteriors are covered with a translucent glaze that creates a rustic-look
- Features Ceradon®, an exclusive finishing process that improves the qualities of traditional pottery
- Provides gently even heat distribution
- Safe for microwave, broiler and dishwasher
- Made from local clay in Burgundy, France
- Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties that keep food hot and more flavorsome
- Can go directly from freezer to oven
- Resists chips and cracks; you can cut directly on the surface without damaging the finish
- Glazes are 100% food safe and resist fading over time
- Manufacturer: Emile Henry
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Material: Burgundy clay with glaze
- Dimensions: 9"
- Warranty: 10-year warranty.
- Made in France
Burgundy is noted for world-famous wines that are grown in the mineral-rich limestone soils of the region. Imparting fantastic terrior in the wines, it is these soils and clays that go into the special clay cookware-crafting formulas that are the basis of all Emile Henry ceramic cookware and other products. Worldwide, professional chefs and home cooks appreciate Emile Henry for the many products and shapes that are properly designed for cooking and baking. The products have the right dimensions, the correct depth and the special features that make Emile Henry so desirable for everyone that enjoys cooking and eating great foods. Discerning gourmands recognize the quality in every loaf pan, casserole dish, stew pot, handcrafted pie dish, trivet, tagine, and brazier they create.