Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer
- Use for making candy, jelly, deep-frying, meats, poultry, yeasts and dough.
- Features temperature range of 100–400°F.
- Durable stainless steel clip holds securely to pan or dish.
- Waterproof and shatter-proof for lasting use.
- 7" long; 1¾" dial.
Questions & Answers
The package says the sheath can be used to turn the nut for calibrating, but I can't see any way to do that. Am I missing something
1. Seat the hex nut on the thermometer into the head of the sheath.
2. Immerse thermometer in sheath into at least 2 inches of ice water*
(2/3 ice to 1/3 water) or boiling water (212°F/100°C at sea level).
3. Rotate the nut clockwise to increase the reading. Rotate the nut counter clockwise
to decrease the reading.
4. Stop adjusting when the pointer indicates the temperature of the water.
*NOTE: It is very difficult to get a 32°F/0°C ice water temperature. It will probably be closer to 34°F/1°C.