Zojirushi® Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer, 3 cup
PERFECTLY COMPACT SIZE
For those who like to cook smaller portions of rice at a time, this is a great choice. You can cook up to 3 cups of rice at a time, and since this cooker works so wonderfully, it couldn‚t be easier to have just the right portion of rice whenever you want to enjoy it.
Thanks to the microcomputer, this rice cooker automatically adjusts cooking temperature and time, helping you to make flawless rice every time.
The detachable inner lid can be easily taken out for easy cleaning. The spherical inner cooking pan is removable for fast clean up. A built-in retractable power cord and carrying handle make transporting and storage extra convenient. Other features include automatic keep warm, extra-large color LCD display and clock and timer functions.
For those who are ‚carb conscious‚ or simply love the rich and slightly nutty taste of brown rice, this cooker has a menu setting especially for cooking soft, delicious brown rice.
In addition to the unit, this rice cooker comes with a rice measuring cup, a nonstick rice paddle and convenient paddle holder which comes in handy when serving.
- Manufacturer: Zojirushi American Corporation
- Model: NSLAC05
- Includes: Rice measuring cup, nonstick rice spatula and spatula holder
- Material: Stainless-steel
- Care: Wipe with damp sponge; soak pan and wash with sponge
- Capacity: 3 cups
- Dimensions: 9 1/16" W x 11 13/16D x 7 ½"H
- Warranty: Limited 1-year warranty
- Made in China
- Compact yet versatile; perfect for smaller households
- Automatically adjusts temperature while cooking
- Cooks up to 3 cups of rice at a time
- Intuitive controls, large LCD display and settings for various types of rice
- Easy-to-clean stainless steel interior
- Detachable inner lid can be easily taken out for easy cleaning
- Built-in retractable power cord and carrying handle make transporting and storage extra convenient
- Menu setting especially for cooking soft, delicious brown rice
- Includes removable cooking pan, measuring cup, spatula and spatula holder
The food comes out far better than pressure cooker or stove-top cooking. I wondered if it was the same rice that I cooked, or same lentils with vegies? Such aroma like eating in good old farm days. This is from fuzzy logic technology that soaks, cooks with varying temperatures, and then steams the food intelligently based on what you put inside (and per your selection of white rice, porridge, brown rice, etc.).
Next, no sweat to create wholesome dishes - from rice pulao to Indian khichadi (rice and daal mixed and seasoned) to French Lentil stew with pumpkin and onions. Just follow the measures with their cup and water levels marked on the bowl. Use 'mixed' or 'brown' rice depending on the daal/lentil that you are cooking. Use brown rice setting for difficult to cook lentils and start the process 2-3 hrs in advance. I don't cook meats or seafood so cannot speak to it.
The 'timer' allows you to choose the precise time when you want your food to be ready. So I can start the process in morning, tell it when to be ready, and house smells great when I enter it after the working day or weekend outing. And, food tastes even better than it smells!
I have made several dished by now, and reduced the portion size just so I can make fresh meal every time!
Clean up is easy to I clean everything right away and keep it ready for use.
It now irrationally bugs me that this super robot appliance cannot cook everything for me :-) Why, why do I need to use the stove and pans any more.. :-) Although I began stir frying healthy greens with onions to pair with my proteins and carbs cooked by rice cooker. My taste buds have opened up and I no longer mind working for my crunchy greens.
Couple of small things I don't quite like:
1. If you cook to capacity, the evaporated water would get into the vent and you'd need to blot it out. The design is such that it doesn't drip away, but the clean up takes time, and no soap possible. This is fine for clean steam, but the stained water is rather difficult - when cooking with curry/turmeric or red beans.
2. The lid doesn't stay closed if inner lead is out for washing and drying. Annoying to me.
3. It doesn't allow you to restart the cooking cycle right away, if you felt that the food wasn't cooked enough. It will wait about an hour.
Overall, amazing product, worth every penny. As for product quality - the bowl is thickest of all versions that you will see in the store, including the 5.5 cup one. Same for removable inner lid. (Note, no sweet rice setting or extended keep-warm like the 5.5 cup model). Outside is elegant, and small footprint works great in my very small kitchen. 3 cups cooks just enough for 2 people (or two meals for one person like I do - dinner and next day lunch).
Sur La Table in-store experience is on par or better as always
A great companion to this rice cooker is the book, ""The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hesperger and Julie Kaufmann""
7 months ago
Questions & Answers
I bought this as a gift for my Mom so I don't know for certain. I did use it last week at her house for rice and it cook it perfect.
However, I have another similar brand and cook lentils - they tend to get a bit soft. I would think the same thing for faro and quinoa. Maybe just open the lid early to check (unlike with rice)