Kyocera® Kyotop Ceramic Sashimi Knife, 8¼"
Kyocera’s world–famous ceramic knife blades are crafted of exceptionally strong, yet lightweight zirconium oxide. Ground to microscopic precision and polished to perfection, these knives keep razor–sharp edges 10 times longer than other professional blades—even high–carbon steel.
The Kyotop Hot–Isostatic Pressed (HIP) premium ceramic blades are fired a second time in a sealed vacuum at a higher temperature to create the most durable cutting edge.
Germ–resistant blades are impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so they won’t rust or brown foods. Perfectly balanced knives with ergonomic handles offer precise control and reduce fatigue from repetitive cutting tasks.
This sashimi knife features a long, thin blade that’s ideal for slicing delicate raw fish. 8¼" blade. Hand wash. 5–year warranty. Made in Japan.
Web exclusive: This product only available online.
HARDER THAN STEEL Like precious gems, the elements of ceramic are formed through thousands of years of crystallization, extreme temperatures, and literally tons of pressure. The result is a pure, dense, unrelenting material that’s almost as hard as diamond.
PROPRIETARY CERAMIC: ZIRCONIA 206 Kyocera’s proprietary zirconium oxide is ground to microscopic precision and polished to perfection. As a result, this knife keeps its razor–sharp edge 10 times longer than other professional blades—even high–carbon steel.
HOT–ISOSTATIC PRESSED Ceramic blade is fired a second time in a sealed vacuum at a higher temperature to create the most durable cutting edge.
ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT At half the weight of an equivalent steel knife, this ceramic knife becomes a comfortable extension of the hand. Plus, perfect balance ensures precise control.
USER–FRIENDLY HANDLE Easy–grip handle reduces fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Made of pakkawood, a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin, and triple–riveted for durability.
BEAUTIFUL DAMASCAS–STYLE PATTERN An elegant pattern on the blade represents karesansui, an artistic Japanese stone garden design.
PRESERVES INGREDIENTS, RESISTS CORROSION Pure ceramic blade resists germs and will not brown foods or alter the taste since there are no metal ions to transfer. Plus, ceramic is impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so blade will never rust.
MAKE SASHIMI LIKE A PRO Long, ultra–thin blade ensures minimal resistance, enabling you to make clean, precise cuts using less pressure. Ideal for slicing delicate raw fish.
A WELCOME ADDITION TO ANY CUTLERY COLLECTION Ceramic knives are ideal for working with fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats, but they’re designed to complement–not replace–traditional cutlery. Use your favorite steel knives for carving, prying, boning, cutting frozen foods and cheeses, or any task that requires a flexible blade.
LIFETIME COMPLIMENTARY SHARPENING Kyocera will sharpen your knives back to a factory–new edge. You only pay for shipping and handling.
- Manufacturer: Kyocera
- Care: Hand wash
- Material: Zirconia 206 ceramic blade, pakkawood handle
- Dimensions: 8¼" blade
- Warranty: 5–year warranty
- Made in Japan
- Web exclusive: This product only available online
- Kyocera blends innovative technology with traditional Japanese beauty in their premium line of ceramic cutlery, Kyotop
- Kyocera’s proprietary ceramic, Zirconia 206 is almost as hard as a diamond
- Ground to microscopic precision and polished to perfection, this knife keeps its razor–sharp edge 10 times longer than other professional blades
- Blade is fired a second time in a sealed vacuum at a higher temperature to create the most durable cutting edge
- Ultra lightweight knife becomes a comfortable extension of the hand
- Exceptionally thin, perfectly balanced blade enables you to make precise cuts using less pressure
- Easy–grip, moisture–resistant pakkawood handle is triple–riveted for durability
- Pattern on the blade represents karesansui, an artistic Japanese stone garden design
- Resists germs and will not brown foods or alter the taste
- Impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so blade will never rust
- Lifetime complimentary sharpening
- 5–year warranty
- Made in Japan
New Lightweight and easy-to-use steel features a highly efficient ribbed surface for re-sharpening and a smooth surface for honing. Kyocera’s ceramic...See product page for full details »