The Art & Soul of Baking by Cindy Mushet
Illustrated asides take you step by step through important techniques, from carmelizing sugar to working with croissant dough. Plus, you’ll find invaluable information on over 100 ingredients and 50 baker’s tools. A true pleasure for anyone who loves to bake.
- The ultimate book for bakers.
- Professional tips and tricks are made easy for the home baker.
- Step-by-step techniques of baking.
- 100 photographs, 250 foolproof recipes and variations, and information on over 100 popular baking ingredients and over 50 pieces of baking equipment.
“...when a baking book in which the recipes perform as flawlessly as they do in The Art and Soul of Baking comes out, we’re particularly impressed.”—Gourmet magazine, October 2008, Cookbook Club selection
- “If you buy just one new baking book this season, make it this one. ...covers everything from essential equipment...and pantry staples to chapters on savory breads, quick breads, tarts, pies, cookies and cakes.... The recipes are exceedingly detailed and include do-ahead tips, notes on equipment needed, advice on storing the finished treats and suggestions for variations.”—Associated Press, September 2008
- “Mushet’s invaluable lessons in ensuring oven accuracy, incorporating butter into dough for layered pastries...and the causes of falling soufflés will get novices up to speed.... Those already comfortable with baking will get the most out of the book’s 250 recipes, but there are plenty of dishes well within the reach of those new to crème brûlée and lemon bar construction, making this a great volume to learn and grow with.”—Publishers Weekly, August 2008
- “Many elements combine to make a great cookbook, all of which are in The Art & Soul of Baking. ...the book possesses the singular quality that lifts a cookbook above the rest, and that is the ability to inspire. The Art & Soul of Baking inspires.”—inmamaskitchen.com