Mexeur and Cie Au Carbon Slicing Knives
- Manufacturer: Mexeur and Cie Cutlery
- Care: Hand wash
- Dimensions: 6" and 8" lengths
- Material: Pure carbon steel blade
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Model: 6": #463500; 8": #463600
- Classic French cutlery is thinner and lighter for ease of use, with a straight edge that’s great for chopping.
- Blades are hand-forged from one piece of pure carbon steel, allowing for sharper edges and more durability than stainless steel.
- Easier to hone and sharpen than stainless steel.
- Comfortable handles feature full-tang construction for amazing strength.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Made in the cradle of French cutlery, Thiers, France.
Over the years, I have managed to collect a few carbon ""Four Star Elephant"" knives by Thiers-Issard. They are terrific, but I had never compared them to knives by Mexeur et Cie. Mexeur, like Issard, is one of the three producers of high quality carbon knives under the ""Sabatier"" name in Thiers, France (the third being K-Sabatier). The good news is that the Mexeur knife I bought from Sur la Table was about 20% less expensive that a comparable ""Elephant"" knife. The better news, at least so far, is that it is proving to be every bit as good; the fit and finish may even be a little better.
Bottom line? These are not show-off knives. They don't have fancy handles, they don't come in presentation cases, and they don't carry the name of a celebrity chef. They are ""go to"" knives - forged, full-tang, excellent balance, and comfortable handles. For me, this Mexeur et Cie knife is far superior to any of the comparably priced German stainless knives featured in most kitchen shops and catalogs
Questions & Answers