Breville Variable-Temperature Electric Kettle
Features safety shut-off, so it won’t boil dry, and removable scale filter. Brushed stainless steel construction is sturdy and looks modern. Large 60-oz. capacity. For use with water only.
- Heats water at ideal temperature for coffee or tea
- Five preset brewing temperatures
- Keeps water at correct temperature for 20 minutes
- Viewable water-level indicator
- Safety shut-off keeps kettle from boiling dry
- Removable scale filter
- Brushed stainless steel
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Capacity: 60 oz.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
- Model: #BKE820XL
- Designed in Australia, made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Wipe surface with damp cloth; hand wash steam trays
However, we recently noticed that the inside bottom is beginning to rust. I'm bringing it back to Sur la Table today to see if it's a faulty model or if this is common...
The preset temperatures and hold function are awesome. I drink a lot of tea and my husband makes French press coffee a lot, so it is nice to be able to set the correct temperatures for that. The hold button is great because I can start it up and come back anytime in the next 20 minutes and have the water be the temperature I need.
I can tell that this kettle is well made with good materials, and I am very pleased with how it looks in my kitchen. I highly recommend this kettle
Very quick to heat up and easy to change for different temperatures for different users. Classy design.
1 month ago
over 2 years ago
Questions & Answers
2) Does it make any alert sound or whistle when it is ready?
(1) Yes, it shuts off automatically if the kettle is not being used for more than 10 minutes or so which is great when I'm on the go and haven't gotten a chance to unplug it.
(2) Yes, it makes a audible, yet discreet high pitched "beep beep" sound. Pretty much every feature on this kettle is elegantly designed and well-thought out (as would be expect from the high standards that Breville company have upheld)
It is wonderful kettle, though. I use it multiple times a day, every day, for more than a year and it looks brand new.
I now use a regular tea pot and boil my water after the tea has steeped then I use a thermos to take it to the table.. Can I use this the same way?
You can take this carafe to the table without the base, however it will not stay as hot for long as the base is what maintains the water temperature.