Academia Barilla personally selects only the largest and best-quality legs of ham from the small hill town of Langhirano, the area that specializes in Parma ham. Attentive care of livestock, unique composition of feed, time-honored production techniques and strict control of the entire process result in a product of unsurpassed quality. Prosciutto Crudo Di Parma is aged for a minimum of 18 months, and offers a lean, tender and evenly marbled meat that's never too fibrous or fatty. Legs average 17¼ lbs.
- Aroma: rich in complex aromas that come from the long and gradual aging process.
- Taste: sweet with a subtle sophistication that’s never too salty.
- Texture: balanced marbling makes it compact, yet so tender it practically melts on the tongue.
- Aged a minimum of 18 months
- Serving suggestions: Prosciutto Crudo Di Parma is best eaten alone or as part of an antipasto platter with Italian cheeses and fruit compotes. Also may be paired with melon or fresh figs for a delicious appetizer, or cut into ribbons and roasted for a main entrée garnish.
- Produced in Italy.
Located in Parma, Italy, Academia Barilla is the first international center dedicated to presenting Italian culinary art to the world. Academia Barilla foods let you experience uniquely Italian delicacies, hand selected and perfected through centuries of tradition and innovation. Regional aged cheeses renowned for freshness and sophistication. Traditional cured meats of prized complexity. Small-batch extra virgin olive oils locally produced from handpicked olives and fresh with scents of ripening tomatoes and newly cut grass. Aged balsamic vinegars personally selected through blind taste tests to ensure the highest quality. Infused sea salts famous for their purity, hand harvested in the natural reserve of Trapani.
And for those planning a trip to Italy, Academia Barilla also offers cooking courses and houses a gastronomic library with treasured culinary documents and recipes dating back to the Italian Renaissance.