Schott Zwiesel Forte Light-Bodied White Wine Glasses
Designed with a classic, traditional shape, the Forte collection’s bowls are perfectly sized for the appropriate wine. Each glass is reinforced at the rim and both ends of the stem (where it meets the foot and the bowl) and the soft tapered bowl focuses your wine’s essence to the palate. This collection is the perfect introduction to the fine design of Schott Zwiesel Tritan crystal.
To fully appreciate a young, crisp, white wine this glass is the perfect choice. It features an opening that’s slightly larger than the body of the glass itself, allowing the wine to dispense at the tip and sides of the tongue for a fuller realization of the wine’s sweetness. This glass is designed for crisp, sweeter, light-bodied whites such as Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling.
Thinking of starting your wine glass collection and curious about which glass works best for you? One of our bloggers researched the subject. Click here to read her findings and which glasses she selected.
Discover the Schott Zwiesel Collections»
- The lead in traditional crystal is replaced with titanium and zirconium
- Schott Zwiesel has created the strongest, clearest, most brilliant crystal glass available
- Patented Tritan crystal retains its clarity and luster for the life of the glass
- Resists chipping, scratching and breakage
- Designed with a classic, traditional shape
- Forte collection’s bowls are perfectly sized for the appropriate wine
- Each glass is reinforced at the rim and both ends of the stem (where it meets the foot and the bowl
- Soft tapered bowl focuses your wine’s essence to the palate
- This collection is the perfect introduction to the fine design of Schott Zwiesel Tritan crystal
- For full appreciation of a young, crisp, white wine this glass is the perfect choice
- Features an opening that’s slightly larger than the body of the glass itself
- Opening allows the wine to dispense at the tip and sides of the tongue for a fuller realization of the wine’s sweetness
- Best for: Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Rose and Gewurztraminer
- Manufacturer: Schott Zwiesel
- Material: Tritan crystal
- Capacity: 13.6 oz.
- Dimensions: 8½" h x 3¼" w
- Made in Germany
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
They are incredibly durable - far better than other name brands.... they will break if you are careless or are on the third bottle of wine, but far beyond their competition
The only problem I've had is with the shape of the glass - which I love the look of. It is a bit of a tight squeeze for washing. I can get my (very small!) hand in with a sponge, but only just barely. If you are good about rinsing the glasses right away, this shouldn't be a problem. I have heard you can put these in the dishwasher, but I haven't tried it.
Even with the tight fit, I would still pick these again. LOVE them
We use these glasses often and I love the fact that they can be washed in the dishwasher and continue to look as beautiful as when I first purchased them. They are perfect for my needs.
1 year ago
3 months ago
Questions & Answers
Which one is 8 inches tall with a top diameter of 2 1/2 inches
I can't find them but have purchased them in the past(last year). I need a white wine glass by them that is as close to 8"" as possible. I am on the last one and it is exactly 8"" tall. My dishwasher is limiting the height. THanks so much, Claudi
At this time the shortest white wine glass we are carrying is the Forte Light Bodied which is 8 1/2 inches tall.