Our favorite way to make your time in the kitchen more productive. This collection of over 500 alphabetically organized tips gives you quick and insightful answers to questions about ingredients, cookware, tools, cooking methods and much more.
Book also features 10 “deconstructed” recipes that offer lots of smart ideas illustrating ways to improve the dish and one’s cooking. Six “technique” sections for quick and informative reference offer tips on tricky skills, such as braising, baking, grilling, as well as some great charts to help cooks adapt a recipe to a different-size pan. Paperback, 371 pages.
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel
- Over 500 tips
- 371 pages
- Our favorite way to make your time in the kitchen more productive.
- Alphabetically organized tips give quick answers to questions about ingredients, cookware, tools, cooking methods and more.
- Includes 10 deconstructed recipes that offer smart ideas to improve one’s cooking.
- Six techniques for quick tips on tricky skills, like braising, baking, grilling.
Seattle-based Sur La Table has kept its finger on the pulse of Americas cooks since opening its doors in 1972 at Seattles historic Pike Place Market. Since then, chefs and home cooks with a taste for adventure have flocked to the culinary mecca. A destination for iconic chefs such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Martha Stewart and Mario Batali, Sur La Table entices aficionados and curious beginners alike with its amazing selection of cookware and tools. With a successful catalog, website, culinary program and stores coast to coast, Sur La Table continues to share its passion for the traditions and tastes of the world with people who love to cook and entertain.