Mauviel® M’passion Copper Preserving Pans
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Copper and bronze
- Care: Never use steel wool or bleach (see below for special care instructions)
- Capacity: 11 qt. and 15 qt.
- Dimensions: The 11-qt. size has a 11.5" base; the 15-qt. size has a 12" base.
- Made in France
- Bronze handle fixed by sturdy, stainless steel rivets
- Easy to cleanno re-tinning
- For use on any heating element except on induction hob
Copper is an exceptional material for kitchen use. Maintained properly, your copper cookware will last for generations. Before first use and after each use, carefully wash with hot soapy water then rinse and dry. Over time, copper can change color through use; however, this will not change the conductivity of the copper material. Never clean with bleach or steel wool. This can lead to irreparable damage. If food sticks to the inside, soak it with hot soapy water. To restore the shiny copper surface to your Mauviel pots and pans, use Mauviel Copperbrill Copper Polish.
Questions & Answers
Copper is an essential trace element in human nutrition but also toxic in higher doses.Cooking acidic foods in unlined copper pans can leach too much copper into food.
I'm curious about how you would clean off thick scorch marks from the bottom of the pan if you can't use steel wool?