The Deluxe Food Lover’s Companion by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst
Designed for quick reference, this encyclopedic book contains alphabetically arranged entries with descriptions; exploration of fruits and vegetables both well known and exotic; plus meat cuts and preparation methods; fish, shellfish and ways to cook and serve them; breads; pastas; and more.
Included also are cooking tools and techniques; reliable ways to preserve and store foods; information on herbs, spices, their many uses; and much more.
More than 6,700 entries are supplemented with a general introduction, hundreds of illustrations, and memorable quotations about food and dining from chefs and gourmets. The new deluxe hardcover binding with dust jacket includes a ribbon placemarker and gold-tipped page edges.
- Publisher: Barron’s Educational Series
- Pages: 804 pages
- Material: Hardcover
- Includes: Ribbon placemarker and gold-tipped page edges
- Expanded and enhanced volume is an indispensable addition to any chef’s library.
- Quickly reference alphabetically arranged entries and information on fruits, vegetables, meats, breads and more.
- Also included are cooking techniques, storage tips, and advice about herbs and spices.
- More than 6,700 entries.
- Hundreds of illustrations and quotes about food and dining.
- Dust jacket with ribbon placemarker and gold-tipped edges.