Demeyere® John Pawson Saucepan
Designed by famous minimalistic British architect, John Pawson, this innovative collection is for use on all types of heating sources, including gas, electric, and induction.
Demeyere uses the revolutionary patented InductoSeal technology, which uses seven different alloys in combination with stainless steel and copper, hermetically encapsulated in the bottom. Unique in the world, the capsule is welded around the side of the pot, made out of one sufficiently thick layer of 18/10 stainless steel.
Features unique technology that guarantees optimal distribution of heat through the bottom. It provides a heat-conducting surface that is 33% larger than a traditional bottom. At the same time, it keeps heat, aromas and steam inside the pan.
BEAUTY MORE THAN SURFACE DEEP
Demeyere also uses Silvinox surface treatment to extract impurities and create a lifelong silver white finish. Piece comes with casted and welded stainless-steel handles and pouring edges for easy transfer of liquids. No difficult-to-clean screws or rivets. Throw in dishwasher or hand wash with warm water and a sponge. The lasting beauty is guaranteed for 30 years (10 years for professional use).
John Pawson has been designing buildings and objects for more than twenty-five years, with work realized on four continents for a wide range of clients and covering a breadth of scales and programs. From the beginning his approach to making architecture has drawn comparisons with the art movement known as Minimalism.
Whether a house, store, gallery, bridge, monastery or his cookware, for Pawson the fundamental challenge is always the same: how people, space and objects may be brought into harmony with one another.
Pawson explained his passion for designing his cookware: "A museum director once said of my work, "Everything starts with the kitchen". What he meant was that houses are the heart of the work and kitchens are the heart of the houses. My collaboration with Demeyere started with the idea of providing these most important of contemporary living spaces with a set of core equipment which would combine functional sophistication with the highest design values. A pan might seem like a very straightforward object to design, but the reality is that smallness of scale does not equate with lack of complexity. The union of form and function must be seamless. There would have been no point in identifying the perfect simple profile, for example, if the lip did not pour well. Visual comfort would likewise lose its value if the pan did not feel good in the hand. I knew I could leave the more specialized technical issues to the team at Demeyere. My efforts have focused on the shape of the body and on the detail and angle of the junction between body and handle. My goal has been something which looked different, but right, equally at home over a flame or on a table – modern but not modish and thus liable to lose its freshness quickly."
The special 7layer material up to the edge is 3 to 3.3mm thick and evenly distributes the heat from the bottom to the edge.
DURABLE AND HYGENIC
Demeyere is the only manufacturer worldwide to market sauté pans that have the same properties as the heavy, old-fashioned copper pots without the required extra maintenance. The welded stainless steel handles prevent the accumulation of dirt or leftovers and guarantee hygienic cooking.
FUNCTIONAL AND BEAUTIFUL
The Demeyere philosophy is that cookware should not only work efficiently but should also be pleasing to the eye and ergonomic.
FOR ALL KITCHEN HEAT SOURCES
Demeyere sauté pans can be used with all kinds of cookers, induction included. By using the unique TriplInduc bottom, you can change heat sources without having to sacrifice efficiency.
A FAVORITE OF PRO CHEFS
All Demeyere cookware is developed to comply with and compliment the needs of the modern, professional cook. Many professional chefs all over the world love Demeyere for the efficiency, durability and above all, their lasting performance.
- Designed by famous minimalistic British architect John Pawson
- Ideal for stirring and whisking, preparing fine sauces and stews or for vegetables
- Innovative collection is for use on all types of heating sources, including gas, electric, and induction
- Revolutionary patented InductoSeal technology using seven different alloys in combination with stainless steel and copper
- Unique technology guarantees an optimal distribution of heat through the bottom
- Silvinox surface treatment to extract impurities and create a lifelong silver white finish
- 18/10 stainless steel interior won′t react with food
- Stainless-steel molded handles allow for safe, easy use
- Heavy double-sided lids seal in flavors
- Handles stay cool and are welded to the sides to ensure maximum hygiene, and to prevent dirt, fat or bacteria accumulating
- Recognized as a prestigious "Belgian Royal Warrant Holder"
- Manufacturer: Demeyere
- Care: Dishwasher or handwash
- Capacity: 1.6 qt., 2.3qt.
- Material: 18/10 stainless steel
- Warranty: 30-year warranty (10 for professional use)
- Made in Belgium
Questions & Answers