Shun Classic Perfect Paring Knife & Bonus Wall Magnet
Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features a beautiful Damascus–clad blade and D–shaped ebony PakkaWood®handle. Behind the knife’s beauty is function: a razor–sharp blade offering precision performance.
Shun’s VG10 steel core—known for its incredible edge retention—is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead–blasted, revealing the woodgrain pattern of the steel that allows the blade to slide easily through food. The result is a knife that’s sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
NSF–certified knife meets the high–level safety standards for professional kitchens. 4" blade. Dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. Limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan. Special set comes with a peel–and–stick bamboo wall magnet for easy storage.
VG10 "SUPER STEEL" CORE The higher density of VG10 steel allows it to be tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 61 and still have the flexibility and strength to take and keep a perfect edge. VG10’s natural tendency is to remain straight and true. When blade is used, the edge automatically straightens out and stays sharp longer.
METICULOUSLY CRAFTED Each Shun Classic knife is constructed using the Kasumi method, a traditional Japanese process used to create Samurai swords. 16 layers of SUS410 high–carbon stainless steel are pounded to 3/1000ths of an inch, then clad on each side of the VG10 core. This 32–layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, incredible cutting performance, and an elegant Damascus pattern unique to each knife.
RAZOR–SHARP BLADE With a cutting edge ground to a 16° angle on each side, this is one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever find. Plus, the exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core ensure that blade holds its ultra–sharp edge without the need for excessive re–sharpening.
USER–FRIENDLY DESIGN Comfortable D–shaped handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Handle is made of moisture–resistant PakkaWood®—a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin.
HANDLES A VARIETY OF KITCHEN TASKS WITH EASE The paring knife you’ll use every day—light and nimble for in–hand tasks, with a deep blade for use on the cutting board. Among the most versatile we’ve tested, the 4" blade curves inward for easy peeling, then outward at the tip for precision slicing and coring.
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Includes: Paring knife and bonus wall magnet
- Care: Dishwasher safe, but hand wash recommended
- Dimensions: 4" blade
- Material: Forged 32–layer steel blade, PakkaWood handle, bamboo wall magnet
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a seven–century tradition of superior workmanship
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus–clad blades and D–shaped ebony PakkaWood®handles
- 32–layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, ensuring razor sharpness
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- NSF–certified knife meets the high–level safety standards for professional kitchens
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
New A generous gift for an avid cook, this Shun Classic 10-piece block set is perfect for both novices and seasoned gourmets. It features the essential knives...See product page for full details »