Shun Pro Sho Yanagiba Slicer, 9½"
The beautiful graffiti-etched blade is made with high-carbon VG10 steel, which takes and holds an edge longer than comparable knives. The blade backs are gently hollow ground, creating an air pocket between the knife and the food being cut, so the knife glides through food with quick precision. The wide shinogi (or blade bevel) makes sharpening these knives on a whetstone practically effortless.
The yanagiba (or willow blade) slicer features a long, thin, “willowy” blade that’s designed to be pulled through food. This creates the cleanest cuts imaginable and reduces the loss of natural juices.
Most often used for preparing sashimi, yanagiba knives are also excellent for slicing meats and other moist foods. Due to the single-bevel design, Shun Pro knives are best suited for right-handed cooks.
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a seven-century tradition of superior workmanship
- Features single-bevel blade design preferred by professional Japanese chefs
- VG10 “super steel” enables knives to hold their sharp edges for months or even years
- Hollow-ground back ensures the cleanest cuts with superior stick resistance
- Blade features beautiful etched pattern
- Wide blade bevel makes sharpening these knives on a whetstone practically effortless
- Comfortable, D-shaped pakkawood handles resist moisture, adding strength and durability
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Care: Hand wash
- Dimensions: 9½"
- Material: VG10 high-carbon stainless steel, pakkawood handle
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.