SousVide Supreme Water Oven
We are very excited to offer you the world’s first water oven for the home. Celebrated by chefs from Heston Blumenthal to Thomas Keller, cooking sous vide calls for slowly heating vacuum-sealed food in a water oven at low temperatures, locking in natural juices and flavors lost with other methods. Fish, meat, poultry, vegetables and more can cook for hours, even days, with stunning results every time.
Just season, seal, simmer and serve. Simply add water, adjust the temperature and let the SousVide Supreme do the work.
The product of decades of refinement by top chefs, the SousVide Supreme oven cooks sealed food at precise preset temperatures for amazingly even and consistent cooking, and surprisingly wonderful flavors.
Vacuum-sealed food loses virtually none of its flavor or nutrients during cooking, and the pressure encourages flash marinating, naturally enhancing the delicious tastes and aromas of the food with little added seasoning.
Plus, there is no need to stir or monitor temperature—the SousVide Supreme precisely regulates everything to keep the water within one degree of accuracy, start to finish, and requires almost no cleaning. Features durable stainless-steel construction and simple touchpad control. 11½" x 14¼" x 11½".
You will also need a vacuum sealer as part of your preparation.
Set the temperature on the control panel and let it do the cooking.
It’s almost the size of your average bread maker, which makes it considerable smaller than many sous vide methods. Counter-worthy style is attractive, modern and will look handsome in your kitchen.
QUIET OPERATION WITH NO STEAM
Food quietly cooks in the self-contained unit with a lid to contain the steam.
Home chefs to enjoy all the benefits of this wonderful way to cook at a fraction of the cost of other sous vide devices, such as immersion circulators.
EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN
There’s virtually no clean up required with the unit. Each unit is hand-calibrated at the factory, with no need for re-calibration by the cook.
PRODUCES PERFECTLY COOKED FOOD
It’s almost impossible to overcook food, and thanks to the science and technology of this unit, meat is prevented from ever drying out, no matter how long it’s been cooking.
ONE POT MEALS
You can easily fix up delicious one-pot meals—meat and vegetables can be cooked together, a great timesaving feature.
CHOOSE YOUR MEAT TEMPERATURE
This sous vide cooker allows you to specify the desired doneness of meat, whether its rare medium rare, medium or well done.
TENDER, CRISP VEGETABLES
Cook vegetables as you desire and the way they’re most delicious: tender, crisp and with vibrant color.
THE MEANING OF SOUS VIDE
The term sous vide (pronounced soo–veed) is a French term, meaning under vacuum. Sous vide is a culinary technique in which vacuum-sealed food is immersed in a water bath and cooked at a very precise, consistent temperature. This cooking technique typically involves cooking food for longer periods of time at a lower temperature. The precise temperature control allows you to cook food to perfection, while the forgiving nature of this cooking method also eliminates concerns about overcooking. Sous vide cooking is extremely simple and fool-proof, and produces extraordinary results.
A BRIEF HISTORY
This method of cooking was developed in the mid–1970s by chef Georges Pralus (at the internationally renowned Michelin Three-Star Restaurant, Troisgros, in Roanne, France) initially as a means of minimizing costly shrinkage of and optimally cooking delicate foie gras. Chef Bruno Goussault subsequently adopted and expanded the technique to consistently provide gourmet-quality meals to first class travelers on Air France. In the last two decades, sous vide cooking has sparked a wave of culinary innovation and creativity, and has become the secret of top chefs at major restaurants around the world. With appliances such as the SousVide Supreme, this cooking technique is now affordable and accessible to home cooks.
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO PERFECT FLAVOR
Season & Seal:
Because the sous vide technique locks in the flavor, the food cooks in its own juices, intensifying its natural flavors. This means that you can season with a lighter hand or in many cases, after the fact. Vacuum/seal the food in airtight cooking pouches.
Drop the pouches into the precisely controlled water bath.
Many foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and one-dish meals are delicious straight from the pouch. Proteins (meat, poultry, fish) are delicious out of the pouch as well, but may benefit from a quick sear in a hot skillet, under the broiler, on the grill, or with a kitchen torch to impart the beautiful golden color and savory caramelized flavor to these foods.
- A healthy alternative to traditional cooking methods
- The world’s first water oven for the home, sous vide cooking is favored by celebrated by chefs from Heston Blumenthal to Thomas Keller
- Fish, meat, poultry, vegetables and more can cook for hours, even days, with stunning results every time
- Season, seal, simmer and serve, add water, adjust the temperature and let the
- SousVide Supreme do the work
- Cooks sealed food at precise preset temperatures for amazingly even and consistent cooking, and surprisingly wonderful flavors
- Vacuum-sealed food loses virtually none of its flavor or nutrients during cooking
- No need to stir or monitor temperature—the SousVide Supreme precisely keeps water within one degree of accuracy
- Features and simple touchpad controls
- You will also need a vacuum sealer as part of your preparation
- Considerable smaller than many sous vide methods with counter-worthy style
- Food quietly cooks in the self-contained unit with a lid to contain the steam
- Enjoy all the benefits at a fraction of the cost of other sous vide devices
- There’s virtually no clean up required with the unit
- Each unit is hand-calibrated at the factory, with no need for re-calibration by the cook
- Meat and vegetables can be cooked together, a great timesaving feature
- Specify the desired doneness of meat, whether its rare medium rare, medium or well done
- Cooks vegetables that are tender, crisp and with vibrant color
- Manufacturer: SousVide
- Includes: Water bath, detachable power cord, base grill and rack, insulating lid blanket, user guide and instructional DVD
- Care: Wipe clean
- Capacity: 10 liters of water; approximately twenty 4-oz. portions of food
- Dimensions: 11½" x 14¼" x 11½"
- Material: stainless steel
- Made in China
As physicians and nutritional experts and authors by trade, they’ve also owned a restaurant and written and hosted a 26-episode PBS television cooking show, so they’d heard about the technique, but had never tried it themselves. Now, they were on a quest to recreate that perfect pork chop. They were determined to learn more about sous vide technique, which involves gently cooking vacuum-sealed pouches of food at very precisely controlled temperatures that preserve flavor and nutritional quality of the foods being cooked. How hard could that be, they thought?
Initially, they cobbled together a make-shift contraption that consisted of a large stock pot balanced over the gas burner atop a simmering ring from an old wok, with a candy thermometer hooked to the side and the two of them keeping watch and adding ice cubes or hot water minute by minute. Impossible!
So they determined to purchase a machine for their home, but at that time, all the available machines were made for industrial lab use or commercial kitchens. Worse yet, the least expensive device cost over $1500 and it looked like a science project.
If one doesn’t exist, they reasoned, then that was a market deficiency these foodie doctors felt confident they could cure. So the couple set about to do just that, by assembling a team of designers, manufacturers, and culinary professionals that have been integral to the development of the SousVide line of products.
Today their mission continues: to make sous-vide cooking a standard technique in the home kitchen, both in America and around the globe. Their passion is to put this essential tool into the hands of home cooks and restaurant chefs that will let them turn out amazing food time after time that can be prepared no other way. By following this goal, they hope to create a worldwide community of nutrition and culinary learning, sharing, and fabulous sous vide cooking. They’ve come a long way from that initial quest for the perfect pork chop, but they’re charging forward toward a culinary future full of possibilities.
- Receive two cookbooks by mail when you purchase this SousVide Supreme water oven ($32 value).