GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set with Bonus Steamer
The original makers of ceramic nonstick, GreenPan has partnered with Sur La Table to create a line of exceptional nonstick cookware packed with cook-friendly details and designed for everyday use. GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick cookware features a dishwasher-safe coating that’s completely free of toxic chemicals or persistent pollutants and is precisely engineered to deliver impeccable results.
- Thermolon™ Marathon ceramic coating is safe and non-toxic. It is completely free of PFOA and persistent pollutants as well as lead or cadmium, and will not blister or peel, even when heated to temperatures of up to 600°F
- The most advanced ceramic nonstick on the market, Thermolon™ Marathon pairs durability, stain- and scratch-resistance with the ultimate in nonstick performance
- Unlike traditional nonstick, GreenPan’s ceramic nonstick coating is dishwasher safe
- Optimized for efficient cooking, with an extra-thick forged base for rapid, even heat distribution and slimmer sides for decreased weight and maneuverability
- Brushed stainless steel handles are riveted for extra strength and are designed to provide maximum comfort and control while cooking
- Constructed from upcycled stainless steel and aluminum
- Tempered glass lids are oven safe to 390°F and are designed to lie flat when inverted for mess-free countertops
- Manufacturer: GreenPan
- Material: Aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic nonstick
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on pan. Two-year warranty on Thermolon nonstick
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 600°F. Broiler safe. Not for use with metal utensils
What's In the box? Show
- 1-qt. saucier with lid
- 2-qt. saucepan with lid
- 5-qt. casserole with lid
- 8" skillet
- 9.5" skillet
- 3-qt. sauté pan with lid
- BONUS 9.5" steamer insert and cookbook
New Ideal for low-oil cooking, GreenPan’s Healthy Ceramic Nonstick wok is the perfect pan for health-conscious cooks. With an eco-friendly nonstick...See product page for full details »
But within a month of use the nonstick surface area was chipping away...The coating is very thin and very fragile. I never use any metal utensils with non-stick pans.
The top edges of multiple pans are covered with chipped away non-stick areas. There are a couple chips in the non-stick on the vertical walls of a couple of these pots. I even have one chip in the flat bottom surface on a frying pan. I have never seen side or bottom chips in any of the non-stick pans I have ordered over the years.
Once again, I use either wooden or plastic utensils when cooking. I would shop elsewhere and look for a product with a thick, durable coating.
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
So to make a long question short:
"How long is this new GreenPan Thermolon™ Marathon surface expected to remain non-stick in regular use?"
While there are no nonstick coatings that will last forever, taking extra care with your cookware can extend its life substantially. That being said, here are a few tips to make your coating last even longer.
-Don’t use your pans on high heat on the stovetop. Their anodized aluminum exterior makes them highly efficient, so nothing above medium heat is necessary & could compromise the coating’s integrity.
-Avoid any sort of aerosol cooking sprays on the surface. Overtime these sprays carbonize & form a layer of buildup on the pan, causing food to stick.
-Use of any metal utensils in your pan is not recommended, as scratches on the coating can occur. Additionally, take care when storing them while not in use. Pan protectors are a great way to avoid damaging your cookware when stacked for storage.
-Be sure to allow your cookware to cool completely before washing.
-Although you can cook without any sort of oil or fat, it is suggested that you cook with some, even if the amount is minimal.
Now, if for some reason you do find that the nonstick properties begin to diminish, a quick clean up with a Magic Eraser should will help.
GreenPan isn't necessarily better than Scanpan. Scanpan remains our highest quality, longest lasting, most durable nonstick cookware. GreenPan is a great alternative for consumers that are seeking a nonstick pan, but want a ceramic coating. GreenPan is also a lighter-weight, less expensive, option.
So, what say you, SLT, what's the deal on the chipping issue?
Is it all "too good to be true?"
People report that they chip easily? That concerns me.