Each block is cut by hand from natural salt deposits found in the Himalayas. Naturally antimicrobial, salt plates require very little maintenance or cleaning—simply scrub lightly and allow to dry completely between each use. For best results and to help prevent cracking, pair with our stainless-steel salt-block holder.
Need some cooking inspiration? Try these tempting salt block recipes: Click here »
- Cut by hand from ancient deposits deep in the Himalayas, pure blocks of translucent pink salt conduct heat efficiently and infuse foods with rich, complex flavors
- Heat in the oven or over the grill to cook meats, seafood or vegetables
- Chill to serve sushi, fresh spring salads, cold appetizers and more
- Freeze, then top with a thin layer of custard, chocolate, caramel, fruit purée or the sweet topping of your choice for a deliciously complex dessert
- Salt blocks are naturally microbial and easy to clean—simply scrub with a grill brush or a damp sponge when cool
- Material: 100% Himalayan salt
- Dimensions: 8" x 12" x 1½"
- Weight: 11 lb.
- Product of Pakistan
Care & Usage Show
- Scrub clean without detergent, pat dry, then air dry completely before reusing. Block will darken and erode with use—this is normal and will not negatively affect performance
- Salt plates require very gradual heating in order to maintain the physical integrity of the product. While the plate is able to withstand exposure to high heat, it does need to come up to temperature gradually (see use instructions). Use of the salt plate under a broiler is not advised
New Our salt block holder is a safer and easier way to transport our mineral-rich Himalayan salt block to and from the grill. The holder protects the delicate...See product page for full details »
New Himalayan salt plates are a joy to cook with, but they can be fragile. Protect yours when you’re not using it with this handy tote that’s...See product page for full details »
New Keep your Himalayan salt block in prime grilling condition with this easy-to-use scrubbing brush. When the surface of your block becomes stained, simply use ...See product page for full details »
I brought it back home and preheated it 375f in the oven and stuck a 1lb fillet of fresh rockfish on it. after 5 minutes in the oven, I flipped the fillet and let it sit in there for another 5. I took it out of the oven and let it rest for another 5 minutes on the plate and then we ate it with rice. Good thing there was rice! the fish was incredibly salty. I still like the plate and the idea, but my technique needs wor
if you've never used one, you must! i own 4 of them. i use one on the stove inside, one on the grill, and two for presenting food at the table! Your steaks will taste 2043902x better if you use this block! its so simple! open your grill, place the block directly on the grates and heat it up place an onion on it to deglaze it and then put your steak on there and cook it until its done to your liking. the steaks will NOT be over salted but they WILL be so tender and delicious! all foods taste amazing off of this block... scallops, shrimp, steak...you name it!
ITS A MUST BUY! don't let anyone tell you any different
Bought this as a special gift for a friend who loves to grill. It is beautiful enough to display as a striking slab of crystal, but it also adds wonderful flavor to the cooked food (and not, as some might suppose, simply saltiness).
Bought it with the carrier and would recommend that as well. This baby gets hot! (But don't think the carrier totally prevents danger of burns -- be careful --
Just make sure you don't cook anything too long on it. A steak < 1"" thick or burgers are great on this thing. Any longer and things can become a little over seasoned
4 months ago
Questions & Answers
Care: Scrub clean without detergent, pat dry, then air dry completely before use.
Material: Himalayan salt
Dimensions: 8" x 12" x 1½"
Weight: 11 lbs.
Freshly cut by hand from ancient deposits, pure blocks of translucent pink salt conduct heat beautifully and infuse foods with a delicate richness.
It is perfect for meats, fish and shrimp, adding just a touch of flavor.
It’s also a wonderful way to present food at the table.
Chill prior to serving to keep sushi or appetizers cool and lightly seasoned.
Use them on the grill or in the oven for delicious results all year long.
Naturally anti-microbial and easy to clean—just scrub and pat dry.
Caution: Salt plates require very gradual heating in order to maintain the physical integrity of the product. While the plate is able to withstand exposure to high heat, it does need to come up to temperature gradually (see use instructions). Use of the salt plate under a broiler is not advised.
I haven't been able to find the rack on the website :(
when you mix salt and water, how does erosion of the salt plate not occur
Can I use the same plate for sweet dishes (i.e., caramel, chocolate, etc.) as well as for savory cooking (i.e., chicken, steak, etc.)? (Obviously, not at the same time.