Himalayan Salt Block
Each block is cut by hand from natural salt deposits found in the Himalayas. Naturally antimicrobial, salt plates require very little maintenance or cleaning—simply scrub lightly and allow to dry completely between each use. For best results and to help prevent cracking, pair with our stainless-steel salt-block holder.
- Material: 100% Himalayan salt
- Care: Scrub clean without detergent, pat dry, then air dry completely before reusing. Block will darken and erode with use—this is normal and will not negatively affect performance
- Caution: Salt plates require very gradual heating in order to maintain the physical integrity of the product. While the plate is able to withstand exposure to high heat, it does need to come up to temperature gradually (see use instructions). Use of the salt plate under a broiler is not advised.r
- Dimensions: 8" x 12" x 1½"
- Weight: 11 lb.
- Product of Pakistan
- Cut by hand from ancient deposits deep in the Himalayas, pure blocks of translucent pink salt conduct heat efficiently and infuse foods with rich, complex flavors
- Heat in the oven or over the grill to cook meats, seafood or vegetables
- Chill to serve sushi, fresh spring salads, cold appetizers and more
- Freeze, then top with a thin layer of custard, chocolate, caramel, fruit purée or the sweet topping of your choice for a deliciously complex dessert
- Salt blocks are naturally microbial and easy to clean—simply scrub with a grill brush or a damp sponge when cool