Simply select your coffee type and grind the precise amount you want via the easy to use Grind IQ™ controls. Prefer a little more or less? Use the manual adjustment dial—the Smart Grinder is programmed to remember your preferences. Anti-static grinding chamber slows grounds down as they exit the grinder, packing them together to minimize static before dispensing them into the grounds container. Removable bean hopper locks in place for safety.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BCG800XL
- Includes: Two hands-free grinding cradles for portafilters (not included), cleaning brush, grounds container, bean hopper
- Material: Stainless steel, plastic
- Care: Hand wipe unit clean. Follow all cleaning instructions and clean burrs regularly to ensure optimal operation
- Dimensions: 8.38" x 15.33"
- Capacity: 10½ oz. bean hopper, 5 oz. grounds container
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Designed in Australia, made in China
- Adjustable from coarse to extra fine
- Easy-to-use controls allow you to fine-tune amount or adjust coarseness with the turn of a dial
- Hopper locks in place for safety
- Grounds container seals for easy transport and to extend freshness
- Features Breville’s signature ring-assist opening and ring-assist plug for easy operation
It is extremely versatile and offers more choices than he ever anticipated. It doesn't take up alot of room on the counter & is quiet. As he said...it is the best gift. I highly recommend this grinder, you won't be disappointed
Yes, it's expensive. But considering the impact it's had on the taste of my coffee, I think it's definitely worth the money. Grounds are uniformly consistent and make it easy to taste differences in region and roast. The hopper feeds beans into the burrs smoothly and has yet to jam.
A minor quibble: on the coarsest setting the vibration of the motor can shake the ground container out of alignment from the port, which makes a bit of a mess if I'm not there to hold it in place. Typically I'm grinding on a finer setting, though, so it doesn't come up a lot
Questions & Answers