Kyocera® Ceramic Red Santoku, 5½ "
Germ–resistant blade is impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so it won’t rust or brown foods. Perfectly balanced with ergonomic handle, offering precise control and reducing fatigue from repetitive cutting tasks.
This santoku knife works well with a forward and backward stroke or straight–down chop. It’s ideal for slicing boneless meat and fish or chopping vegetables. 5½ " blade. Hand wash. 5–year warranty. Made in Japan.
HARDER THAN STEEL Like precious gems, the elements of ceramic are formed through thousands of years of crystallization, extreme temperatures, and literally tons of pressure. The result is a pure, dense, unrelenting material that’s almost as hard as diamond.
PROPRIETARY CERAMIC: ZIRCONIA 206 Kyocera’s proprietary zirconium oxide is ground to microscopic precision and polished to perfection. As a result, this knife keeps its razor–sharp edge much longer than other professional blades—even high–carbon steel.
ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT At half the weight of an equivalent steel knife, this ceramic knife becomes a comfortable extension of the hand.
USER–FRIENDLY DESIGN Easy–grip handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Deep blade ensures greater knuckle clearance.
PRESERVES INGREDIENTS, RESISTS CORROSION Pure ceramic blade resists germs and will not brown foods or alter the taste since there are no metal ions to transfer. Plus, ceramic is impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so blade will never rust.
PRECISION SLICING Ultra–thin blade ensures minimal resistance, enabling you to make clean, precise cuts using less pressure.
MAKES QUICK WORK OF EVERYDAY KITCHEN TASKS This santoku knife works well with a forward and backward stroke or straight–down chop. It’s ideal for slicing boneless meat and fish or chopping vegetables.
A WELCOME ADDITION TO ANY CUTLERY COLLECTION Ceramic knives are ideal for working with fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats, but they’re designed to complement–not replace–traditional cutlery. Use your favorite steel knives for carving, prying, boning, cutting frozen foods and cheeses, or any task that requires a flexible blade.
LIFETIME COMPLIMENTARY SHARPENING Kyocera will sharpen your knives back to a factory–new edge. You only pay for shipping and handling.
- Manufacturer: Kyocera
- Care: Hand wash
- Material: Zirconia 206 ceramic blade, resin handle
- Dimensions: 5½ " blade
- Model: #FK–140–WH
- Warranty: 5–year warranty
- Made in Japan
- Ideal for slicing fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats
- Kyocera’s proprietary ceramic, Zirconia 206 is almost as hard as a diamond
- Ground to microscopic precision and polished to perfection, this knife keeps its razor sharp edge much longer than other professional blades
- Ultra lightweight knife becomes a comfortable extension of the hand
- Exceptionally thin, perfectly balanced blade enables you to make precise cuts using less pressure
- Easy–grip handle reduces fatigue
- Deep blade ensures greater knuckle clearance
- Resists germs and will not brown foods or alter the taste
- Impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so blade will never rust
- Lifetime complimentary sharpening
- Made in Japan
Ultra–thin blades ensure minimal resistance, so you can make clean, precise cuts using less pressure. Germ–resistant ceramic is impervious to acid, oil, and salt, so blades will never rust or brown foods. Comfort handles and perfectly balanced blades reduce hand and arm fatigue from repetitive cutting tasks.
Kyocera knives stay sharp for months or years with no honing necessary. Plus, you’ll enjoy complimentary lifetime sharpening to return your blade to a factory–new edge.