Wüsthof® Two-Stage Handheld Sharpener
- 2 stages of sharpening for German angled knives
- Carbide for coarse side (sharpen)
- Ceramic for fine side (hone)
- Soft grip ergonmic handle
- Can also hone and sharpen serrated knives.
- Brings your Wusthof knife back to the original factory edge
- Easy to use as angles are preset
- Limited warranty against manufacturers defects
- Dimensions: 8" x 3¾" x 1½"
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Wash exterior with mild soap and water, hand dry
I treat my knives like my children... only the best for them..
DO NOT BUY THIS
Wuhstof does offer some great quality knifes and sharpening steels, but these are horrible. I truly did waste my money on this, I could have used it to replace the knife it ruined.
I am sad to leave a bad review on Sur la Table's website. Truly. I have written so many here, and they were all excellent, I suppose they can't control those ""bad eggs' that slither into the mix
Be sure to read the instruction manual for best results
Questions & Answers
The descriptions states that it can sharpen serrated knives. Can someone elaborate on the process with this device?
1.Place sharpener on a flat work surface. Hold the sharpener with one hand as indicated and the knife handle with the other. Insert knife blade fully into the slot at a 90° angle to the sharpener.
2.Apply moderate downward pressure on the blade while pulling the knife toward you through the appropriate notch.
3.Repeat this action, always pulling the blade from heel to tip (never back and forth) through either the carbide or the ceramic notch.
At the beginning of your answer, you state the serrated blades can ONLY be used in the fine ceramic notch of the Wusthof hand held sharpener.Then in step 3 you say serrated blades can be sharpened in BOTH the carbide notch and the ceramic notch?Which is it