Shun Elite Utility Knife, 6"
The blade begins with a unique core of SG2 'super steel' powdered metal that's hardened to 64-66 Rockwell (compared to the 56-58 Rockwell of most kitchen knives), resulting in an exceedingly sharp and smooth edge.
It's then clad with two layers of SUS410--a softer stainless steel that provides strength, flexibility and corrosion protection--Elite knives stay sharp several times longer than comparable stainless cutlery.
Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan, the center of ancient samurai tradition, the Elite's stunning design is directly inspired by the artful aesthetics of samurai swords, down to the smallest detail. Hand wash. Lifetime warranty.
- SG2 powdered steel cutting core
- Clad with matte finish SUS410 stainless
- 16-degree convex ground blades
- Lighweight oblong PakkaWood handles
- Traditional Japanese styling.
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
- 64-66 Rockwell