de Buyer® Hemisphere Mixing Bowls
- Manufacturer: de Buyer
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Capacity: 1 qt.; 2 qt.; 3.3 qt.; 6.4 qt.
- Dimensions: 6¼" diameter; 7¾" diameter; 9½" diameter; 11¾" diameter
- Material: Stainless steel
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- Model: 1 qt.–#3371.16; 2 qt.–#3371.20; 3.3 qt.–#3371.24; 6.4 qt.–#3371.30
- Ideally shaped for excellent aeration during the mixing process.
- Perfect for beating egg whites and batter.
- Open rim is rolled for secure handling.
- Sturdy stainless steel with polished finish for lasting durability.
- Made in France.
That said, they're still excellent vessels for whipping egg yolks to ribbons in, and much, much cheaper than copper. For egg whites, I'd say it's worth the expense to get the truly rounded bottom copper if you can swing it.
My one real complaint is that the edge is a little bit sharp. Not really sharp enough to cut yourself on, but sharp enough to be uncomfortable to hold
Questions & Answers
Could you cover a bread that is baking on a hot stone in a 450 degree oven?
de Buyer� Hemisphere Mixing Bowls