Blanc Oval Swoop Bowl
- Contemporary swoop-shaped porcelain bowls add a modern touch to any kitchen
- Higher edges and lower center shape are ideal for serving side dishes, noodles or salads
- Safe for the oven, microwave and dishwasher
- Available in three sizes for all your serving needs
- Coordinates perfectly with other pieces in our Blanc collection
- Material: Porcelain
- Care: Dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe. Oven safe to 500°F.
- Dimensions (approximate): 12" diameter
- Made in China exclusively for Sur La Table
The 7" bowl is perfect for desserts and individual servings of crudite or tortilla chips. They also double as prep bowls when I want to keep veggies and meat separate.
The 9" bowl is great for dinner-portions of soup (I love serving my Butternut Squash soup in these - it's such a pretty presentation!), dinner salads (a full portion of lettuce STAYS in the bowl!), and pasta, pasta, pasta! I also use for a one-bowl country breakfast and oatmeal in the winter.
I do not have any of the 12" bowls, but I imagine it would be useful for a fruit bowl, a serving bowl, or as a centerpiece holder (fruit/flower/potpourri/candle) that matches your table setting. I have one from a different pattern for summer that I use to keep a candle in the center of my dinner table. I might do the same with this for winter (when I serve soups, pasta, and oatmeal the most) to hold a candle with pine cones/pumpkins/leaves for my centerpiece.
Design notes aside, I love these bowls. I use them frequently and they still look brand new, despite being a year old.
I loved this bowl for noodles because it is unique, modern, and resembles the old-fashioned gold bars that were used in China (kind of looks like a boat), so it has a double meaning. Surprisingly, my mom loves the idea, too.
The only comment is that the 7", while adorable and most resembles the Chinese gold bars, is a little too small, for true soup noodles. You really have to go to the 9" for that.
Questions & Answers
I ordered a 12"" Blanc Oval Swoop Bowl online, and it's far too large for my needs. I'd like to return it to the Sarasota store and buy either the 7"" or 9"" bowl
The 9" bowl has a 60oz or 5 cup capacity.
The 12" bowl has a 196oz or 12 cup capacity.