Class Description: At her popular Pie Camps, Kate McDermott has taught thousands of people how simple and fun pie-making can be. In her much-anticipated new cookbook Art of the Pie, McDermott shares recipes for her award-winning pies, along with detailed instructions for making, rolling and baking a variety of crusts.
For this special, hands-on class, we’ll use Art of the Pie as a guide and show you how to make some of McDermott’s favorite fall pies. Our instructor will walk you through the steps for creating a perfectly flaky all-butter crust and transforming leftover scraps into tasty treats. Plus, you’ll work alongside classmates to make amazing autumn-inspired fillings. Once you have a handle on a few easy techniques, you’ll look forward to impressing family and friends with from-scratch pies and tarts.
*Please Note: Classes taught by Sur La Table Chefs. Kate McDermott will not be in attendance.*
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class