Ina Garten: 'Cooking for Jeffrey'
Class Description: "Cooking is more gratifying and, frankly, more fun when I'm cooking for people I love--whether for two friends or a party of 12--and for more than 40 years, my most constant and appreciative audience has been my sweet husband, Jeffrey. " Ina Garten, Cooking for Jeffrey
Join us as we celebrate the much-anticipated release of the Barefoot Contessa's 10th cookbook, Cooking for Jeffrey. In this special hands-on class, we'll show you how to prepare some of Ina Garten's favorite home recipes. Using Cooking for Jeffrey as a guide, our instructor will walk you through Ina's techniques for poaching, pan-roasting, pureeing and more. You'll enjoy working alongside classmates as we prepare a satisfying spring soup. Plus, we'll show you how simple it can be to create a decadent baked custard with a crisp, caramelized top. After mastering a few essentials, you'll look forward to recreating these delicious dishes for your loved ones at home.
*Please Note: Classes taught by Sur La Table chefs. Ina Garten will not be in attendance.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class