Capresso EC100 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
With two sieves, you can produce one or two rich, thick crema espressos at a time, and machine is compatible with pre-packed espresso pods or pre-ground coffee. Features a self-locking filter holder, removable 46-oz. water tank, and stainless steel cup warming tray. Automatic rinse cycle ensures a fresh, delicious beverage every time. 10¼" x 8¼" x 12". 11 lbs. One-year limited warranty.
- Create delicious gourmet coffee beverages quickly and easily
- Stainless-steel lined ThermoBlock heating system features 15 bar pressure for perfect espresso every time
- Two sieves produce one or two rich, thick crema espressos at a time
- Also compatible with pre-packed espresso pods or pre-ground coffee
- Separate frothing positions for steamed milk (latte) and frothed milk (cappuccino)
- Automatic rinse cycle ensures a fresh, delicious beverage every time
- Removable heavy-duty stainless steel cup warming platform
- Easy-to-clean, removable stainless drip tray
- One year limited warranty
- Manufacturer: Capresso
- Model: 116.04
- Care: Features automatic rinse cycle; wipe base clean with damp cloth
- Capacity: 46-oz. water tank
- Dimensions: 10¼" x 8¼" x 12"
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- Materials: Stainless steel, plastic
- Warranty: One-year limited warranty
- Made in China
This machine uses loose grounds or ESE pods. It makes lovely crema too. The only drawback is you can't keep making drink after drink--if for instance you have 4 or more people wanting espresso drinks you will need to wait for the pressure to rebuild or create less successful drinks.
I turn it on, set the oven timer for 10 minutes then come back and make 2 doubles in a row. If there are more drinkers, we need to all have singles or wait a bit for the pressure to build up again. If the puck is watery, your grind is too fine.
I ended up using an inexpensive separate frother so I could keep the pressure up for making drinks. I froth then microwave the milk to heat it. I've used the frother on this machine a few times--it works fine. I make the espresso, then let the pressure rebuild to froth.
Questions & Answers