Breville® Custom Loaf Bread Maker
The Custom Loaf allows you to select when you want the bread to be ready, and a dispenser automatically adds fruits and nuts at the appropriate time. Unlike conventional kneading paddles, this paddle collapses, preventing an indentation from forming in the bottom crust. Custom Loaf has 13 automatic and manual settings, including gluten-free and quick-bread settings, 3 crust color options, plus bake-only and jam functions.
An easy-to-read backlit LCD display guides you through the process, and a handy viewing light lets you check on bread without opening lid. The 13-hour preset timer means you can wake up to fresh-baked bread in the morning, and a pause function allows you to hand-shape crusts and add glazes. The bread pan is nonstick for fast and easy cleanup.
Master a variety of recipes and then try your hand creating your own signature bread—the machine stores your personal recipes for later use. The Custom Loaf makes 1-, 1½-, 2- and 2½-lb. loaves. A collection of bread recipes is included. Tough, stainless steel construction is built to last.
- Breville’s Custom Loaf is perhaps the smartest bread maker ever
- Fresh-baked bread has never been easier to make at home
- Clever interface computes temperature and baking time when you make a selection
- Turn and Confirm dial gets you started on any recipe in seconds
- Maker mixes dough for pizza, focaccia and pasta too
- Select when you want the bread to be ready
- Dispenser automatically adds fruits and nuts at the appropriate time
- Unlike conventional kneading paddles, this paddle collapses, preventing an indentation from forming in the bottom crust
- 13 automatic and manual settings, including gluten-free and quick-bread settings
- 3 crust color options
- Bake-only and jam functions
- Easy-to-read backlit LCD display
- 13-hour preset timer
- Viewing light so you check on bread without opening lid
- Pause function for hand-shaping crusts and adding glazes
- Master a variety of recipes and then try your hand creating your own signature bread
- Machine stores your personal recipes for later use
- Makes 1-, 1½-, 2- and 2½-lb. loaves
- Nonstick pan for easy cleanup
- Recipes included
- Tough, stainless steel construction
- Model: BBM800XL
- Capacity: 1-, 1½-, 2- and 2½-lb. loaves
- Dimensions: 15¾" x 9 ¾" x 14"; 16 lb. 13 oz.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Designed in Australia, assembled in China
- Watts: 830 watts
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash
What's In the box? Show
- Nonstick bread pan
- Kneading paddle
- Recipe collection
The light is wonderful at the top, easy to press button and you really can see! Easy selection buttons for all the types of bread that you are making such as whole wheat, pizza dough, dough, etc - and the crust function selection is easy. You can modify a recipe such as cooking time - that is very easy to do. Measure like they say - scoop in the flour to the measuring cup - no dipping in - and you will have a wonderful product.
The paddle is easy to remove if you don't want it at the end of cycle 2 (buzzer sounds) and I think under hot running water, very easy to clean! Do not place pan or paddle in dishwasher - not necessary, just clean right away and you are fine. TIP: When you are ready to place the pan into the machine, look underneath and turn the dial so it is side to side and the pan fits into the maker very easy!
This makes a wonderful crust! It browns beautiful unlike the ""zoe"" competitor and it is so simple to use. Just remember to remove the label covering the selection LCD screen when you get the machine - I didn't, and I thought my machine was not working! Silly me!
I am buying this for my daughter for her Xmas present. The cinnamon bun recipe that comes in the recipe book is wonderful! I do use the gluten that they recommend. I found it at our grocery store
By the way, clean up is super easy.
We would definitely recommend this machine
The one big issue I have is with the paddle. Aside from sticking to dough or baked bread, dough tend to get trapped inside the mechanism of the collapsing paddle. I find that the only way to clean it properly is to unscrew the set screw holding the paddle to its shaft using an allen wrench, which the Breville does not provide. Once you remove the paddle from the shaft you are left with a shaft with gummy or dirty baked on bread dough surrounding the shaft which is easily removed with soap, water, and a toothpick. I find I have to clean the shaft this way with each bread cycle in order for the paddle to rotate freely on the shaft. As such I recommend that the first thing you do if you buy this machine is to take a trip to the hardware store with paddle in hand and buy an inexpensive hex wrench that will fit the set screw. I have informed Breville about this issue but they do not seem to care about it.
The other minor issue with it is that if you rotate the paddle shaft after removing the bread pan from the unit you may have an issue putting it in properly. This is easily remedied by hand turning the paddle shaft to aligning properly fit into the turning mechanism in the bottom of the machine. This is easily done and the position is not really critical.
All in all I am very pleased with the machine and the bread it makes aside from these somewhat minor inconveniences. Overall I would recommend this product.
10 months ago
Questions & Answers