Vintage Sterling Silver Carving Set
We discovered this collector’s item in a charming flea market in the south of France. This sterling silver set dates back to 1838 and is decorated with intricate details on the handle, making it a premier décor or serving piece. Use it when carving leg of lamb or mutton for a luxurious presentation. When it’s not in use, display the gorgeous set in its box for safekeeping. This is a paramount gift for the foodie or entertainer.
Maintain the silver’s beauty by buffing with silver polish to recapture its luster. Made in France.
Web exclusive: This product is only available online.
All sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
- Includes: Leg of lamb holder, carving knife, serving fork, box and polishing cloth?
- Care: Hand wash with warm water and soap and buff with silver polish
- Dimensions: Fork: 1" x 1¼"; Knife: 12½" x 1¼"; Holder: 8½" x 2¾"
- Material: Sterling silver
- A luxury tool used for formal meals.
- Made with fine French sterling silver.
- Used for holding leg of lamb in place while carving and serving the meat.
- A true vintage piece discovered in a flea market outside of Avignon, France.
- A premier décor or serving piece.
- Made in France.
Throughout the year, we make pilgrimages to Europe and immerse ourselves in the culture of everything culinary. One of our favorite locales is the charming flea markets tucked outside of Avignon, France. This is where we find many of the most rare antiques that serve as our muses and remind us of Sur La Table’s roots.
Drenched in rich history, these are the things that inspire us, and we want to share them with you in hopes they inspire you as well. We consider this collection to be an objet d’art with one-of-a-kind charisma that cannot be mimicked. Welcome these vintage heirlooms into your home and display the pure beauty of a classic piece from France.