Vintage Quimper Faience Lug Bowl, Agnés
Prized for its beauty and cherished by collectors, this earthenware is renowned for its one-of-a-kind designs. This special bowl features handles for easy transportation. The name “Agnés” is delicately hand-painted on the side. This unique piece dates back to the 1960s.
We discovered this collector’s item in a charming flea market in the south of France. It is decorated with wonderful details and is a premier décor or serving piece. A beautiful bowl for serving cereal, soups and ice cream, it also looks fantastic as the cornerstone piece in a pretty display in a hutch. Made in France.
Web exclusive: This product is only available online.
All sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
- Care: Hand wash with warm water and soap
- Capacity: 8 oz.
- Dimensions: 5¼" x 7" x 2"
- Material: Earthenware
- Special Quimper earthenware is a favorite among collectors and has roots over 320 years old.
- Handmade pottery is painted by hand by trained artisans.
- Marked with the Henriot Quimper name to certify its authenticity.
- Delicate, pale buff earthenware that is finely tin glazed.
- A very interesting piece that the entertainer will cherish.
- Dates back to the 1960s.
- A true vintage piece discovered in a flea market outside of Avignon, France.
- A premier serving and décor item.
- Made in Quimper in Brittany, France.
Throughout the year, we make pilgrimages to Europe and immerse ourselves in the culture of everything culinary. One of our favorite locales is the charming flea markets tucked outside of Avignon, France. This is where we find many of the most rare antiques that serve as our muses and remind us of Sur La Table’s roots.
Drenched in rich history, these are the things that inspire us, and we want to share them with you in hopes they inspire you as well. We consider this collection to be an objet d’art with one-of-a-kind charisma that cannot be mimicked. Welcome these vintage heirlooms into your home and display the pure beauty of a classic piece from France.