Miyabi Birchwood Bread Knife, 9"
Each blade in the Birchwood collection is hand-honed using a traditional three-step honbazuke process. It’s sharpened twice on whetstones with custom grits, followed by mirror polishing on a leather wheel.
The genuine hamon edge—a visible line where flexible outer layers and incredibly hard core layer meet—is reminiscent of legendary Japanese swords. A hamon edge is a sign of superior craftsmanship.
The D-shape of the natural Masur birch handle creates a comfortable grip and ensures tireless cutting, even with frequent use. Handle features an intricate mosaic center pin, red detailing, and engraved endcap.
The serrations on this bread knife make it ideal for slicing through rustic breads, bagels and tough crusts. 9" blade. Hand wash. Sharpen with Miyabi sharpening stones. Limited lifetime warranty. Made in Japan. Catalog, website and select stores.
- We traveled to Japan to develop this exclusive set of knives
- Authentically Japanese in design with 101 layers of steel—50 layers clad on each side of the Cryodur-hardened SG2 microcarbide steel core
- Blade features a delicate, unique Damascus pattern with a Rockwell hardness of 63
- Hand finished by craftsmen using a classic honbazuke blade-honing technique
- Sharpened twice on whetstones with custom grits, followed by mirror polishing on a leather wheel
- Genuine hamon edge is reminiscent of legendary Japanese swords in its scalpel-like precision and remarkable edge retention
- The D shape of the natural Masur birch handle creates a comfortable grip and ensures tireless cutting
- Handsome handle features an intricate mosaic center pin, red detailing, and engraved endcap
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Care: Hand wash and dry immediately
- Dimensions: 9" blade
- Material: Stainless steel and birchwood
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty