Le Creuset® Signature Flame Round French Ovens
Available in a range of vivid colors, each oven is the product of time-honored casting techniques and rigorous hand finishing at Le Creuset’s foundry in northern France.
Note: The 1 qt., 2 qt. and 15½ qt. ship from the vendor and incur an additional shipping charge of $7.50.
- Sand-cast ovens are painstakingly polished and finished by hand, then sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice for an extremely durable and attractive finish
- Colorful exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking, while the interior enamel is engineered to resists staining and dulling
- Light interior enamel makes it easy to monitor cooking foods
- Enameled cast iron provides even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Suitable for all heat sources (induction, electric, gas and halogen)
- Lid stays securely in place to lock in steam and flavor
- Timeless Le Creuset beauty for oven-to-table presentation
- Manufacturer: Le Creuset
- Includes: Oven, lid
- Material: Enameled cast iron
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Oven safe to 500°F
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Handcrafted at the Le Creuset foundry in northern France, using the best materials for a lifetime of use
- Designed to make cooking and serving easier
- Perfect for slow cooking, simmering soups and stews, roasting meats and much more
- Slow cook everything from soups and sauces to chili and chowder
- Also use for braising meat, roasting whole chickens, making classics like beef bourguignon and cassoulet, or even baking a cake!
- Smooth, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Durable interior sand enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Perfect for cooking with moisture, it’s also the easiest to clean
- Re-engineered lid makes sure it stays more securely in place and locks in more flavors and aromas
- Built-in lid stabilizers create a no-slide fit
- Slip-resistant composite knob is heat resistant to 500°F
- Oversized handles (now 45% larger) provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Easily transport the pot from stovetop to oven to table—even while wearing oven mitts
- Suitable for all heat sources: electric, gas, halogen, and induction
- Limited lifetime warranty
- With a wide range of sizes and vibrant colors, you’re sure to find just the right one
The rigorous process starts with molten iron being sand cast from a single mold that’s destroyed after use, explaining why no two pieces are identical. Pots, pans and accessories are then painstakingly polished and finished by hand, sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice. No other procedure yields cookware that so evenly conducts and retains heat, making Le Creuset cast iron second to none for slow cooking.
Le Creuset’s signature color, Flame, was created to reflect the intense orange hue of molten cast iron inside a cauldron (“creuset” in French). In the company’s early years, this vibrant shade offered a refreshing color choice within a sea of gray. Carrying on the tradition, Le Creuset features a wide range of vibrant colors to complement any kitchen décor.
In 1995 Le Creuset began expanding into new categories: stainless steel, stoneware, silicone, enamel on steel, textiles and forged hard-anodized aluminum. Although some production processes have been modernized, you can be sure the handmade qualities of Le Creuset cookware remain unchanged. The company still manufactures their cast iron cookware in the original foundry, with each piece passing through the hands of 15 skilled artisans to ensure flawless perfection.
With the consistent qualities of authenticity, originality and innovation, Le Creuset maintains a connection to both heritage and modernity.