Kuhn Rikon Splatter Screens, Set of 2
They’re also great for draining pasta and steaming, as a lid cover, baking sheet or for making potato chips. Includes two sizes: 12½" x 10" x 1" and 15" x 12" x 1". Safe for use in the microwave, oven and dishwasher. Heat safe to 450°F.
- Keeps stovetops clean of messy splatters
- Sturdy silicone-encased-steel construction
- Fits many pot and pan sizes
- Handles make transportation safe and easy
- Can be used for draining pasta, steaming foods, as a lid cover, baking sheet and making potato chips
- Safe for the dishwasher, microwave and oven up to 450°F
- Manufacturer: Kuhn Rikon
- Dimensions: Small: 12½" x 10" x 1"; large: 15" x 12" x 1"
- Material: Steel and silicone
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
What's In the box? Show
- 2 splatter screens
Durable and they do well in the dishwasher.
Will be purchasing another set as a Christmas gift for my daughter
I would guess these make good lids for other pans but my only need was for a good splatter screen.
Questions & Answers
The website says that this product is microwave safe, but the cover is made of metal. Won't this cause a spark and possibly fire in the microwave
The two I purchased are round. One is 12 ½ inches the other is 10 inches. No, I don't think the larger would work for a 14 inch fry pan. I do really like mine and the larger one works for my 12 inch skillet.
I like them very much--previously I used those that had screen wire which was VERY difficult to clean after frying something like bacon. I do not fry bacon any more--I bake it in the oven one pound at a time on a wire rack nestled in a sheet tray. Way better and so much easier to clean up.
If anything these silicone screens could be perforated more and have more openings so not to steam anything.
Hope this helps.