Sur La Table® Salted Caramel Ice Cream Starter
This simple ice cream starter works with low-fat dairy, but higher-fat dairy results in a richer, creamier ice cream. For best results we recommend 1 packet Ice Cream Starter, 1¾ cups of heavy cream, and 1¾ cups of half and half. This starter will work with any home ice cream maker.
Combine dairy in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to incorporate the dry starter mix. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the dry ingredients to completely dissolve. Then whisk the mixture again to ensure a uniform blend.
Chill the mixture for 30 minutes before adding to your ice cream mixer. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice cream machine, since churning times will vary. Once the ice cream has reached your desired consistency, serve immediately or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week. One mix packet yields 1½ quarts of ice cream. Set includes two 7.1-oz. mix packets. Made in the USA.
- Includes: Two 7.1-oz. mix packets, each packet yields 1.5 quarts of ice cream
- Ingredients: Sugar, dextrose, salt, natural and artificial flavors
- Salty meets sweet in this delightful combination.
- The melt-in-your mouth richness of caramel complemented by a dash of salt.
- An incredible, all-natural and gluten-free treat.
- Perfect for enjoying at home or serving to guests.
- Works wonderfully with low-fat dairy.
- Higher-fat dairy results in a richer, creamier ice cream.
- Works with any home ice cream maker.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- One mix packet yields 1½ quarts of ice cream.
The velvety smooth texture and rich flavor of chocolate mousse is truly the ultimate indulgence for the chocolate lover. One bite of this decadent...See product page for full details »
Punch up your next batch of homemade ice cream with these sweet and salty mix-ins. Salted caramel pretzels add flavor and crunch to any ice cream, frozen...See product page for full details »
Punch up your next batch of homemade ice cream with these sweet and salty mix-ins. Chocolate-covered potato chips add flavor and crunch to any ice cream...See product page for full details »
After tasting it, I bought the Cuisinart Ice Cream maker and have bought this Salted Caramel starter several times. Everyone who tastes this ice cream has concurred. Amazing!
If you really want to amp it up, try Stonewall Kitchen's Ice Cream Sandwich mix and make ice cream sandwich cookies to finish this off.
With or without the cookie, you will wonder where this ice cream has been all your life
Questions & Answers