Krups® Espresseria Black Automatic Espresso Machine
The patented compact thermoblock system integrates pressure, heating and brewing into a single, seamless solution. The monoblock unit with revolutionary patented brewing chamber is engineered for superior heat transfer and has a single thermostat to deliver constant heat from the first cup.
Simple-to-Use LCD Display
Effortless and amazing. The LCD display screen guides you through easy beverage creation with quick and clear information. All you need to do is push the button.
Freshly Ground Beans
Metallic burr grinders give you fresh, never stale-tasting coffee by avoiding overheating and preserving aroma. Your coffee will always be at the ideal temperature—always hot but never burnt or bitter tasting.
Velvety Foam and More
The multi-directional steam nozzle lets you quickly create milk-based drinks like cappuccinos and lattes. Nozzle also provides hot water for soups, hot chocolates, tea and more.
After each brewing, excess water is discharged automatically to the drip tray to ensure better temperature control and superior taste. Automatic rinsing, cleaning and descaling programs take care of the rest for you.
All the Perks
An Aqua Filter System removes minerals from water for better-tasting coffee every time. The programmable clock features auto-start and auto-off functions, and the dispenser’s height is adjustable (65–105 mm) to avoid splashes and fit an assortment of cups. The drip tray is removable and comes with an integrated floater to signal when tray needs to be emptied.
Water tank with empty water tank detection holds 1.8 liters. The transparent bean container has a capacity of 275 grams. Cake container is removable and has a 14-cake capacity. Krups VIP Service includes hotline number for assistance with any issues. 17¾ lbs.; 19" h x 15" l x 11½" w. Made in France.
- Model: EA8250001
- Capacity: 1.8 liters
- Dimensions: 17¾ lbs.; 19" h x 15" l x 11½" w
- Warranty: Upon opening the box, customers will be greeted with a Krups welcome letter. This provides the VIP hotline number and encourages customers to register their product with Krups. Once registered with Krups, the customer will receive a VIP package to enjoy with their new machine. One month after registering the product, a customer service rep will call to welcome them to the program and make sure the machine got out of the box and set up properly. Reps are highly trained to perform diagnosis over the phone for any issues with product and will arrange shipping old products that have technical problems and replacement products
- Simple-to-use and stylish
- Some of the best-tasting coffee we’ve tried
- As easy as pushing a button
- Precise settings let you prepare tailor-made coffee to exact specifications in moments
- Ultra-compact design is ideal for urban and office use
- Compact thermoblock system integrates pressure, heating and brewing into a single, seamless solution
- Monoblock unit with revolutionary patented brewing chamber is engineered for superior heat transfer
- Single thermostat to deliver constant heat from the first cup
- LCD display screen guides you through easy beverage creation with quick and clear information
- Fresh-ground beans
- Metallic burr grinders give you fresh, never stale-tasting coffee by avoiding overheating and preserving aroma
- Coffee will always be at the ideal temperature
- Steam nozzle lets you quickly create milk-based drinks like cappuccinos and lattes
- Hot water for soups, hot chocolates, tea and more
- Effortless maintenance
- Automatic rinsing, cleaning and descaling programs
- Aqua Filter System removes minerals from water for better-tasting coffee
- Programmable clock
- Auto-start and auto-off
- Dispenser’s height is adjustable (65–105 mm) to avoid splashes and fit an assortment of cups
- Drip tray is removable and comes with an integrated floater to signal when tray needs to be emptied
- Made in France
The Espresseria took 40 minutes to set up, and the small font manual does not help speeding up the process. However, the setup process seems to be well thought out, and including a measuring kit for water hardness plus a filter for the water reservoir show that some careful planning went into this machine. The water hardness grade is entered during initial setup and probably serves to gauge the water amount after which the filter has to be replaced.
This is the first machine I own that has an LCD display that issues messages and menu choices n plain text, unlike the Saeco which would frequently be cryptic about the reason for a malfunction. I get reminded about emptying the containers for used grounds and water tray, rinsing cycles, I have a choice to dial in the dispensed quantity on the fly, and I can program automatic wakeup ad shutdown times. These are very useful features. Even the water temperature can be selected.
The amount of coffee used for one shot is small compared to other machines even when dialing "strong espresso". This could probably be helped by requesting a double shot which I have not tried yet.
The steamer for milk is very powerful, yet the froth does not come out as dense as with other machines I owned. The box comprised the optional milk attachment, which supplies frothy milk directly into the cup from a milk container that is connected to the frothing jet via a short hose. This is a very convenient feature since it takes only 30 seconds to generate enough milk for one cup. The downside is that this device has to be cleaned after each use.
Maintenance seems very involved, requiring filter replacement, cleaning and descaling at regular intervals. I was able to locate filter cartridges and cleaning tablets on the German Amazon site, www.amazon.de (Krups products and espresso machines in general are much more prevalent in Europe). This is also where several reviewers mentioned that descaling tablets can be substituted by 40 grams of citric acid, which is much cheaper.
The final judgment will be how long the Espresseria will last, and hopefully that amendment to my review will come after a long time.
1 year ago
Questions & Answers