Scanpan® Pro IQ Nonstick 9-Piece Set
This 9-piece set includes: 8" and 10¼" skillets, 2.75-qt. sauté pan with lid, 2.6-qt. sauce pan with lid, 6.5-qt. Dutch oven with lid, and the 10¼" steamer insert.
PATENTED NONSTICK CONSTRUCTION
Unlike most nonstick cookware, which relies on a coating, Green Tek™ nonstick cooking surface is created by firing a ceramic-titanium compound into the pan at 36,000°F and twice the speed of sound. The ceramic-titanium particles briefly liquefy and permanently anchor themselves to the pan. A specially formulated nonstick compound is then embedded in the surface, ensuring a lifetime of use without peeling or interacting with food.
SUPERIOR DESIGN FOR EXPERT RESULTS
The industry-leading, squeeze-cast cookware features a 100% recycled aluminum body and a thick base that guarantees quick and even heat distribution and no hot spots. Pan is guaranteed not to blister or peel.
The stainless-rimmed, tempered-glass lid with steam vents makes it easy to view food while it cooks. The lid is tight fitting, so it retains moisture while you cook and keeps food hot until you’re ready to serve. Elegant and ergonomic polished handles are riveted to the pan, so they won’t come loose. Pans and lids are both oven safe to 500°F. Lifetime warranty. Dishwasher safe. Made in Denmark.
- Scanpan is the first producer of nonstick cookware certified to be PFOA free
- Safe for your family and the environment
- Pro IQ line is suitable for all cooking surfaces including induction
- Patented ceramic titanium surface is safe for use with metal utensils
- Allows for browning, braising, searing and deglazing—;things you can’t do with traditional nonstick
- Requires little to no fat for cooking, so you can enjoy healthier meals
- Patented Green Tek nonstick construction
- Ensures a lifetime of use without peeling or interacting with food
- Squeeze-cast cookware
- 100% recycled aluminum body
- Thick base
- Guarantees quick and even heat distribution and no hot spots
- Guaranteed not to blister or peel
- Stainless-rimmed, tempered glass lids with steam vents make it easy to view foods while they cook
- Lids are tight fitting, so they retain moisture while you cook and keep food hot until you’re ready to serve
- Sturdy, ergonomic handles are riveted to pan and will not come loose
- Elegant polished handles
- Pans and lids are oven safe to 500°F
- Made in Denmark
- Material: Glass, nonstick and aluminum
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
What's In the box? Show
- 8" and 10¼" skillets
- 2.75 -qt. sauté pan with lid
- 2.6-qt. sauce pan with lid
- 6.5-qt. Dutch oven with lid
- 10¼" steamer insert
Make short work of washing dishes, countertop messes and more with this reusable silicone sponge. Made of durable, heat-resistant silicone, it’s gentle...See product page for full details »
I have only had my cookware since just before Christmas 2012, so I can't speak to durability, but I fully expect that this is the last set of cookware I will have to buy. The lifetime guarantee offered by Sur la Table alleviates any concerns in that regard.
My only tiny ding has to do with price - which is no bargain. This cookware is expensive, especially when compared to the cookware sets now offered by celebrity chefs that are PFOA/PFTE free for a fraction of the cost of Scanpan Pro. On the other hand, I still run across user reviews with complaints about flaking and scratching for those same sets. And Scanpan was taking steps to address health concerns with nonstick long before it became fashionable. So, if it is at all affordable, I think it is worth it to spend the money to get Scanpan Pro. You really do get what you pay for.
One other thing - in spite of how durable this cookware appears to be, I still treat my Scanpan cookware very gently. I keep stovetop heat to medium most of the time. I don't use metal utensils. Although the pans are supposed to be dishwasher-safe, there is no way my pans are coming within miles of any dishwasher. It takes all of two minutes to wash them out by hand, so that's what I do.
This cookware is wonderful. I highly recommend it
Questions & Answers
The stainless-rimmed, tempered-glass lid with steam vents makes it easy to view food while it cooks. The lid is tight fitting, so it retains moisture while you cook and keeps food hot until you’re ready to serve. Elegant and ergonomic polished handles are riveted to the pan, so they won’t come loose. Pans and lids are both oven safe to 500°F and most Broilers on a standard oven when set on high do not exceed 500 so you can use these under the broiler as long as you have verified the max temperature with your manufacturer.
How many sizes of sauce pans are in this line of cookware? It looks like a 3 qt. comes with the set but what other sizes are available?
Using a nonstick spray such as PAM is ok.
Do they work on electric stoves
1. Does this cookware work well on gas stoves?
2. Do the available lids fit the skillets?
3. Will the steamer insert also fit the 2.6 qt. sauce pan?
The lids from the sauce pans won't fit the skillets, but we do sell Classic lids separately.
The steamer is too large for the saucepan.
Which line of the Scanpan nonstick cookware is best for induction? It appears that the Classic is not recommended. What about the other lines?