Family Fun: Holiday Tamales
Menu: Shredded Chicken and Corn Tamales - Pinto Bean and Cheese Tamales - Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
Class Description: In this special hands-on class, little chefs will work alongside their special adult to learn all about this fun tradition. Together, you’ll learn secrets for creating authentic tamales—from making fresh masa (dough) and classic fillings to creating a creamy pureed sauce. Plus, our instructor will walk you through the steps for wrapping tamales and steaming them to perfection. Make the holidays extra special by creating amazing tamales—and precious memories—with your little loved ones.
Cook up something great with a little help from the best. We’ve joined forces with the most trusted name in America’s kitchens, KitchenAid, to create a new series of classes that will help you cook with more confidence, creativity – and fun. From essential basics to holiday entertaining, amazing baking and more.
To explore the full schedule of our KitchenAid partner classes, please click here: Sur La Table & KitchenAid Hands-On Classes.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class