Serves: Serves 6
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves only (about 2 cups loosely packed)
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only (about 2 cups packed)
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp (21-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 12 large rosemary sprigs, prepared as skewers and soaked in water for at least 2 hours, or overnight
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Toss the parsley and basil leaves into a food processor, add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup of the olive oil, and zap until the herbs are chopped and the bread crumbs look green. Transfer to a pie plate or wide shallow bowl, add the shrimp, and toss to coat well.
Skewer 4 or 5 shrimp on each rosemary sprig (the easiest way to do this is line up 4 or 5 shrimp at a time on a work surface and run a skewer through them; then separate them slightly so they will cook evenly). Dredge on both sides in the bread crumb mixture, place on a platter, and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill. Put a piastra on the grill to preheat.
Spritz or brush the piastra with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the skewers on the piastra and cook, turning once, just until the shrimp are opaque throughout and some of the crumbs are browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the lemon wedges.