Serves: Makes 4 (½-pint) jars of lemon curd
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Meyer lemon zest (from about 3 lemons)
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter, cubed
Procedures:Just try to resist eating this from the jar with a spoon! Pack the lemon curd into jars for gift giving, but save a jar for yourself and spread the lemon curd on toasted brioche or warm-from-the-oven scones. There’s enough to fill tiny shortbread tarts or to dollop on an angel food cake served with fresh strawberries. The lemon curd is delightful when layered with raspberries and blueberries for a summertime parfait. Offer all these suggestions on a gift card and, in addition, give a recipe card for Meyer Lemon Mousse, a sneaky-easy and delicious dessert. It’s a perfect hostess gift—ready to be enjoyed at breakfast, at teatime, or for dessert.
Storing: Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.