Serves: Makes about 2½ cups of rub
- ½ cup kosher or sea salt
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ground cumin
- ¼ cup coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- ¼ cup dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Procedures:This big-flavored spice blend is guaranteed to ignite great taste when rubbed on shrimp, scallops, chicken, beef, lamb, buffalo, or pork. This recipe yields about 2½ cups of the spice rub, which is a great quantity to divide and package for gift giving.
In a medium bowl, combine the salt, sugar, cumin, pepper, paprika, thyme, chili powder, coriander, and cinnamon. Stir well to blend.
Divide into ¾-cup portions and transfer to jars or tins with tight-fitting lids.