Serves: Makes about 2½ cups of rub, enough to fill three (5-to 6-ounce) spice jars
- ½ cup kosher or sea salt
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ground cumin
- ¼ cup coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- ¼ cup dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
In a medium bowl, combine the salt, sugar, cumin, pepper, paprika, thyme, chili powder, coriander, and cinnamon. Stir well to blend.
Divide into ¾-cup portions and transfer to jars or tins with tight-fitting lids.