Serves: Makes 4 servings
- Tomatoes in a variety of colors and sizes, including cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, to serve 4
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red or white wine vinegar
- 4 thick slices apple woodÐsmoked bacon, cut into
- 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup Buttermilk Salad Dressing with Dried Tomatoes, made without the dried tomatoes
- 4 small handfuls of arugula, mizuna, or other soft baby greens
- Slice the large tomatoes and arrange them on a serving platter. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with vinegar. Cut small tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Put the bacon in a large cold skillet and set over moderately low heat. Cook, turning the bacon often with tongs, until the pieces are crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Spoon the dressing over the tomatoes. Top with the arugula, and scatter the halved small tomatoes and the crisp bacon on top. Serve immediately.