Serves: Makes 6 servings
- 1½ cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, drained
- 8 green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup Champagne Vinaigrette
- 6 cups lightly packed spinach leaves, rinsed, dried, and tough stems removed
- 24 Fried Oysters (without rémoulade; optional)
- Drain the tomatoes in a medium sieve over a bowl for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to help release excess liquid. Place the hearts of palm in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 3 to 4 minutes, then drain well and let cool. Discard any tough outer layers from the hearts of palm and cut them into ¼-inch slices. Toss together the tomatoes, hearts of palm, and green onions with half of the vinaigrette.
- Arrange the spinach on individual salad plates. Spoon the tomato mixture into the center of each salad and arrange the oysters around the tomato mixture. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the oysters and spinach.