Serves: Makes 12 popovers
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and position an oven rack in the center. Lightly coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with melted butter, oil, or high-heat canola oil spray. Once the oven is fully heated, heat the prepared muffin pan in the oven for 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, flour, and salt until well blended. Add the cheese and rosemary and blend well.
- Scrape the batter into a large measuring cup. Remove the hot pan from the oven and divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 400°F and continue to bake for 15 minutes longer, until the popovers are puffed and deep golden brown. Cool the pan on a rack for a couple of minutes. Remove the popovers with a spoon. Serve hot.