Serves: Makes 8 servings
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 green onions, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed, and dried
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice (from sectioning the grapefruit)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, grapefruit juice, vinegar, shallot, tarragon, and sugar in a small bowl and whisk well to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the grapefruit sections, green onions, and cucumber in a medium bowl. Drizzle the dressing over and toss gently to mix.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves, partly overlapping, on individual plates. Top the lettuce with the grapefruit mixture and set a piece of Brie alongside each salad.